Locking a subcategory

tarun3kumar
Hi All,

I have a couple of Sub categories listed at - http://www.seleniumtests.com/p/testing-forum.html.
 While I plan to add new categories, I need to lock a few existing. Hence users should be able to view the posts in those categories but they should not be able to make any new post in sub category or answer any existing ones. This is very similar to locking the topic but it applicable at sub category level. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance
Tarun K

Re: Locking a subcategory

GregChapman
Yes!

Simply grant "View" permissions to your users in the sub-categories to be "locked" but remove "Create_topic" and "Reply" permissions.

Re: Locking a subcategory

tarun3kumar
Awesome, thanks a ton