Limiting size of forum

rev.ian
Hi

I am trying to put my forum on to my website but limit its size (have a scroll bar)  I have done this through Iframe, and the scroll bar woks perfectly.

However I am having a problem with the Captcha code not showing for anonymous users, which is needed.

Has anyone come across this do you know how to fix it?

the code is:

<iframe name="Forum" src="http://join-the-conversation.2368534.n4.nabble.com/" width="750" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

Thanks

Re: Limiting size of forum

GregChapman
Generally, limiting the size of your forum is bad policy as it significantly reduces usability. Using absolute pixel limits is also likely to impact mobile-friendly performance particularly severely as Nabble already has some limitations on such devices because of the tabular structure underlying many of its pages. Without further information, I'd recommend against following such an approach.

I am unable to check out how your forum displays as you don't provide the URL of the page in which you are testing the embedding.

Re: Limiting size of forum

rev.ian
Hi

the page is still in testing and is www.cofe-littleborough.co.uk/conversation.html

Thanks

Re: Limiting size of forum

GregChapman
Mmm! I can't quite work out what options you have selected or what code you may have tweaked.

Lots is not working as expected. There's not the usual "Login | Register" options to the top right and under Firefox the Captcha image on New Topic/Reply screens does not display at all. Under Chromium (I'm running Linux Mint) the box appear in which to display the image but it remains blank.

Result, I'm unable to post any test messages to see if I can assist.