Last Post Date

Zandranna
Is it possible to color the text for the time/date of the last post for an unread link on the front page only via the css, and only the time/date and nothing else.

I have tried every combination of code for this but keep almost working it out but not quite.  Whatever code I use it seems to also change the color of one thing or another.

If I can do that I can then also add an unread image in front of the time/date.

I would be really grateful if someone can help me out.

Re: Last Post Date

GregChapman
Zandranna wrote
Is it possible to color the text for the time/date of the last post for an unread link on the front page only via the css, and only the time/date and nothing else.
Is this wise? It's the only way a visitor has of seeing what threads there are unread messages in.
If I can do that I can then also add an unread image in front of the time/date.
Can you? How?

There's a lot of difference between styling the content that is presented by the forum software and adding some content of your own. You can't add content. This request is, in effect, a request for Nabble to change their program - one of those sign up to the Paid-for forum things.

Besides, knowing when the most recent post was made can be a fairly important piece of information. I'm surprised you want to hide it!

Re: Last Post Date

Zandranna
You totally misunderstand.  I am not wanting to hide it.  I am wanting to make it more prominent, by giving it it's own colour and unread image.

Yes it is possible to add an image in front.  But at the moment because I can't figure out how to isolate the time/date separately whatever I try the image also shows in front of the "x replies" as well.

Being new to nabble I am still learning their particular style of coding.

Re: Last Post Date

GregChapman
Zandranna wrote
You totally misunderstand.  I am not wanting to hide it.  I am wanting to make it more prominent, by giving it it's own colour and unread image.
Unfortunately I only have visited posts in the test forum that I run. Adding the following styling succeeded in giving a named colour to visited posts:

table.avatar-table a:visited {
  color: green;
}

Logically, adding similar code with an "a:link" ought to produce the result you desire. However, there does seem to be a bug in the JavaScript code (perhaps somewhere else) because there are some links on my test site that as you do a refresh you can clearly see go green but then change back to the unread colour a fraction of a second later. This is why I didn't post the code earlier.

I didn't think of it before, but I guess you could add a background image into the styling code for the date and thereby produce the image you plan.

I'm still not convinced I'm expecting to place the image in the same place you might want to put it.

Re: Last Post Date

Zandranna
Thank you for that.  I now have to wait for a new reply to come in to test it.

I also have noticed that the unread links are very buggy.  I went on my forum yesterday to find all previous threads lit up as having new replies in them.  A while later I went back and once again only those genuinely with new replies were showing as unread.