Lack of Private Messaging

Bean_09
The users in my forum are complaining about the lack of Private Messaging, and of the maintenance that begins every evening, rending their posts that they've just written inexistent.

Is there any way to add private messaging to the forums? I don't want to have to buy/upgrade just to have private messaging.
 Working hard to make the site as awesome / easy to maneuver / enjoyable as possible. Don't forget to give me suggestions!

[Formerly known as LeikoShadows or HonestlyCurious]
My birthday is in 27 days! ]

Re: Lack of Private Messaging

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
Bean_09 wrote
The users in my forum are complaining about the lack of Private Messaging, and of the maintenance that begins every evening, rending their posts that they've just written inexistent.
Those maintenance messages should be gone now.  Let me know if you see them again.

Is there any way to add private messaging to the forums? I don't want to have to buy/upgrade just to have private messaging.
I realize that private messaging is common, but I never understood why people prefer it to email.  Could you explain this to me?

Re: Lack of Private Messaging

merican
Because email aint PRIVATE

Re: Lack of Private Messaging

PinoZino
Franklin,

It’s more than a private issue, it's not user-friendly as well.

Users have to leave the forum to read their PM. And that's costing a price: many users will not return to the forum immediately.

Some people will leave your forum permanently when they discover they can’t PM in a safe and user-friendly environment.

I really want a real PM-system too and it seems there are some solutions.