LOSS OF ALL "CHANGE APPEARANCE" CUSTOMISATIONS

LOSS OF ALL "CHANGE APPEARANCE" CUSTOMISATIONS

GregChapman
Loss of all "Change Appearance" settings has occurred within the last few hours across all servers on which I have forums (n3, n4, n5, n7, n8 and x6).

Is it expected to be fixed or is it a permanent part of the other "post by mail" and "mail list to forum" changes recently announced?

Re: LOSS OF ALL "CHANGE APPEARANCE" CUSTOMISATIONS

GregChapman
I find that on forums where I am using "Message is in HTML Format" then code in the CSS box is preserved as at:
See: http://greghelp.991552.n3.nabble.com/Adding-Image-Captions-td4012818.html

Haven't checked what other customisations are retained.

Not directly related to loss of customisations, I am also noticing that I can no longer see whether a user has a "All Posts"  or "Digest" subscription. Everyone is shown as "All Posts" regardless of type.

Re: LOSS OF ALL "CHANGE APPEARANCE" CUSTOMISATIONS

Harvey
Sorry I started another thread. This is happening for me too.

Re: LOSS OF ALL "CHANGE APPEARANCE" CUSTOMISATIONS

stmpspaz
yes - unfortunately we can no longer manage subscribers preferences, etc

Re: LOSS OF ALL "CHANGE APPEARANCE" CUSTOMISATIONS

Harvey
stmpspaz wrote
yes - unfortunately we can no longer manage subscribers preferences, etc
Not sure what this means.

I can live without my customizations but shouldn't the CSS work?

Re: LOSS OF ALL "CHANGE APPEARANCE" CUSTOMISATIONS

GregChapman
Hi Harvey,

stmpspaz runs Sudsol a business which relies on paying subscribers to a mail list based on Nabble. The recent changes means she has lost control of her subscriber list, which is destroying her business.

This is another side effect, along with all the "Change appearance" options you are suffering, that have gone with the withdrawal at one week's notice (if you happended to spot it on Nabble Support) of Nabble's post by email facility.

You may remember Coleen one of her employees who , like you, had Hugo do a number of customisations for her in the days when Nabble offered a paid-for "Premium Support" service.