Italian version

noage
Hi ,
first of all many compliments for your great job here with Nabble.

I have not seen any italian translator volunteer.
Is that right?

If you have an idea of the time consuming I could have at leas an idea and decide if try with it.

I read your guide and even if I am not a programmer I can edit html tags.
Let me know .
Best regard
Fabrizio

Re: Italian version

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Fabrizio, thank you for your interest in this! We indeed have no italian translator. You can take a look at the portuguese translation available here:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Getting-Started-tp6670642p6670642.html

I think you can finish the translation in few days if you work a little bit each day. You can try it and see how it goes. Thanks for all the help.

Re: Italian version

noage
Ok, so I can try.
Do you prefer me to complete all the strings an send you the file at the end or is better if i send you tasks updates when one is done ?

The code you posted is it complete or it is only a part of it?

Regards

Re: Italian version

Hugo <Nabble>
noage wrote
Do you prefer me to complete all the strings an send you the file at the end or is better if i send you tasks updates when one is done ?
You can send me the file when you finish it. Then I will put it live and you can create a test forum and make sure everything is okay.
noage wrote
The code you posted is it complete or it is only a part of it?
It is complete. We will eventually ask translators to update the translation files, but this should be rare and you would have to translate only the new sentences.

Thanks for all the help.

Re: Italian version

FantasyFactory
My compliments for this forum, I'm also very interested to learn NAML and to contribute to the development.
I'm a 2nd volunteer, happy to help you for Italian translation.
Let me know how...

Re: Italian version

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks. I believe Fabrizio gave up, so you may translate Nabble to Italian if you would like to help.

Re: Italian version

FantasyFactory
Hi to all !
I'm already attempting to translate to Italian, using the Portuguese fle as "template".
The file format is very easy to understand and I think that it's a clean and easy solution, but I don't understand the "macro" session on the beginning: can you explain me more ?
Thanks...

Re: Italian version

FantasyFactory
I'm working...

I've omitted the "macro" session, and I've only a BIG file with the structure:

I'm a very lazy man... because I'm a programmer  so I'm trying to write a simple piece of code that automatically (google) translate every sentences, and I manually correct only those that need a "human" translation...
If this job will work well, I will be happy to share the source code it with the Nabble community

Re: Italian version

FantasyFactory wrote
... but I don't understand the "macro" session on the beginning: can you explain me more ?
You should read our guide here:
http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Translation-Guide-for-Nabble-tp6669351p6669351.html

It explains why those macros are needed in portuguese. You will probably need them in italian, but you should modify them accordingly. If Italian doesn't have declension, then you can remove them.

Re: Italian version

FantasyFactory
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
It explains why those macros are needed in portuguese. You will probably need them in italian, but you should modify them accordingly. If Italian doesn't have declension, then you can remove them.
Yes: the Italian have the same kind of declension, but this "refinements" is rarely implemented by (lazy) programmers and the text is generically written...
Ok: I've understood the macros purpose, maybe I will use it for a second "refined" version

Re: Italian version

Fantu
There is news about italian translation?

Thanks for any reply.

Re: Italian version

Vincent Prismriver
Hi there guys, I just wanted to inform you about a few things.

I have been working on the Italian translation for a couple of months already (I'm lazy), because Nabble was just the service I needed for my site but I needed an Italian version.
I'll post my translation in about a week, and I wanted to know how much time does the staff need in order to insert it, because I'm going to need it in a short time =3
lol fg