Is there a way to have my forum (ie. threads and posts) on my page?

Re: Is there a way to have my forum (ie. threads and posts) on my page?

steem711
So the photo of my embedding options is the page that comes up when I navigate there. I don't have the option to uncheck "redirect users"... I think its because Nabble isn't recognizing that I've embedded the forum into Weebly.

Re: Is there a way to have my forum (ie. threads and posts) on my page?

Gary Lewis
Well, at this point we need to punt to Greg or Peter.  But, we are close.  And, mine is proof it can be done.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Is there a way to have my forum (ie. threads and posts) on my page?

steem711
Yes it is! Thank you for all your help so far!

Happy to help.  I consider myself the low man on the totem pole as Greg and Peter have helped me immensely.  So, to be able to return some of it is a good feeling.  And, since there are few Weeblyites on here, we have to stick together.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Is there a way to have my forum (ie. threads and posts) on my page?

Mmm! I'm as uncertain as Gary is!

Here's the code around Gary's forum:

<a id="nabblelink" href="http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/">Bullnose Enthusiasts</a>
<script src="http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/embed/f1"></script>

And here's the code around steem711's:

<a id="nabblelink" href="http://colonial-waterbirds-monitoring-discussion.40613.n8.nabble.com/">Colonial Waterbirds Monitoring Discussion</a>
<script src="http://colonial-waterbirds-monitoring-discussion.40613.n8.nabble.com/embed/f1"></script>

The only material difference that I can see is that Gary has implemented the code recently recommended by Nabble for embedded forums:
http://support.nabble.com/Note-to-embedded-forum-owners-tp7599436.html

However, I have not implemented that on any of my forums and they work for me but I am not a Safari user. Is Steem711?

If so, it could also be that you'll have a further problem as you're not using a custom domain. (I haven't fully absorbed all that's in that topic above and am not sure whether it would be possible to use the work around suggested without one - when using an online web editing service like Weebly or Wix.)

Could we be getting closer?
Should that topic be edited to highlight a problem for those without a custom domain?
Is there a further issue introduced by that recent change?

As an aside to Gary and Peter:
Try as I might I could not find Steem711's site with a variety of Google searches, but I came up trumps with Bing first try!
https://colonialwaterbirdprogram.weebly.com/discussion.html
It does suggest that Google thinks the site is embedded even if Nabble doesn't!

Re: Is there a way to have my forum (ie. threads and posts) on my page?

Gary Lewis
Steem711 - Do you have multiple "applications"?  Meaning that you have several layers?  And is it the top layer you have embedded and which you are trying to re-direct?

I ask because Greg has found that if the top level isn't re-directed you may not be able to re-direct the subsequent levels.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Is there a way to have my forum (ie. threads and posts) on my page?

GregChapman
Silly me. I think I've cracked it. It's the old https:// issue.

Nabble refuses to work with it.

Gary, can you assist with how you turn that off in Weebly?

Re: Is there a way to have my forum (ie. threads and posts) on my page?

Gary Lewis
Would that be Secure Socket Layer?  It is under Settings.

I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Is there a way to have my forum (ie. threads and posts) on my page?

GregChapman
Gary Lewis wrote
Would that be Secure Socket Layer?
Yes

You'll find a good number of topics about the SSL issue and how Nabble can't cope with it over the last year or so.