Is McAfee picking on Nabble?

ClaudeMobetta
Hello -

I sent a email buddy an email -
He has McAfee - and McAfee did a “pre page scan” - on it's own - and said:

Quote -

“We have tested this site (claudemobetta.com) which we found links to nabble.com which is found to be a distributor some people consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs”

Can anything be done to stop this?

Thanks - Claude

 http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Is McAfee picking on Nabble?

ClaudeMobetta
Hello -

After seeing the topic "Nabble is hosting a forum of animal sex/bestility lovers" -

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Nabble-is-hosting-a-forum-of-animal-sex-bestiality-lovers-td5625494.html#a5625494

It dawned on me ---

Maybe that's why when I emailed a friend a normal HELLO email - McAfee did a pre scan - on my site and came up with - 'my site is' - "might contain potentially unwanted programs" this being due to my contact with Nabble   -- when I emailed a friend who has this feature on his McAfee...

As I understand it the "pre-scan" is an extra feature with many Anti-Virus programs - That the subscribber pays for - But what if this feature became a standard free feature.

Maybe something to take a close look at... For sure a hard choice

Claude

Re: Is McAfee picking on Nabble?

Franklin <Nabble>
It's impossible for us to monitor all forums for spam.  I recommend using our custom domain feature to make your Nabble web pages appear in your own domain.

Re: Is McAfee picking on Nabble?

ClaudeMobetta
Hi - and thanks for all your hard work -

The spam is not a problem - I'm reffering to the post by dmca

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Nabble-is-hosting-a-forum-of-animal-sex-bestiality-lovers-td5625494.html#a5625494

The problem is what if many anti virus programs start doing pre scans -
Then they find out me and many others are connected to Nabble -
And they tell the user - Nabble has forums for people that share illegal animal sex, animal porn and bestiality movies.

I know dmca is correct in his thinking -

I believe in "Freedom of the press" - but there  is a limit -

My Help site is geared towards Families and that could include young children...
So if someone posts what I consider inapporiate material - I take it out in a heart beat.

I can say what is approciate and what is not my web site - you can too.

Now I don't expect Nabble to look through all the associated web sites - but when someone brings your attention to what they consider bad material - as dmca did - maybe you should take a look...

I know it a hard decision -

Thanks fer all - Claude

Re: Is McAfee picking on Nabble?

Harvey
Claude ... maybe what Franklin is saying is that if you go to a custom domain your site won't actually be associated with Nabble. (I don't want to speak for Franklin.)

Re: Is McAfee picking on Nabble?

ClaudeMobetta
Yes Harvey I understand -

But I'm looking at a much bigger problem in the future -
And if it is let side by now - It will be too late to fix later...
Take a long look at dmca's post -

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Nabble-is-hosting-a-forum-of-animal-sex-bestiality-lovers-td5625494.html#a5625494

Claude

Re: Is McAfee picking on Nabble?

Here is the McAfee page about Nabble:
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/nabble.com?pip=false&premium=false&client_uid=2721283733&client_ver=3.2.0.152&client_type=IEPlugin&suite=false&aff_id=0&locale=en_ca&os_ver=5.1.3.0

Note that McAfee is not concerned about that bestiality forum. It is concerned about old attachments that have already been deleted. McAfee should update such information with better frequency so that they don't point to problems and files deleted months or even years ago. Maybe users should contact McAfee about this.

Re: Is McAfee picking on Nabble?

ClaudeMobetta
Hello -

Thanks for the info -

But can't Nabble contact McAfee and get things straighten out ?

Seems they might be doing a lot of harm to Nabble -
Aren't they ovestepping thier legal bounds?

I never liked McAfee -
Were they the ones that got cought putting Cookies on users system and calling the Cookies bad stuff - to endear themselves to the users??? Not sure if it was them or not???

Again - thanks for your hard work...

Claude