Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

GodlyPerfection
So today and yesterday, every once in a while there will be a time where our forum can't be reached. I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if there is something going on behind the scenes that may be causing it. I hope it doesn't happen often as I just did a fresh advertisement wave this morning for our forum for a new game coming out so we've got a fresh wave of new users coming in and I would hate for this to be a problem right as they all start getting into the forum.

ReachingPerfection.com is home to many like-minded video game designers who all started on Halo: Reach's forge editor.

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

GregChapman
I've had no problems here, in the UK, with my forums, which are all on the n3 server.

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

GodlyPerfection
Just happened again at 7:54am Pacific, Saturday, March 3rd, 2012.

Hugo <Nabble>
This is very strange. Do you see an error message? Or does it keep loading forever?

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

GodlyPerfection
"The webpage at http://forum.reachingperfection.com/Pre-release-designs-td3798267.html#a3799937 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error."

Been happening all day on and off.

ReachingPerfection.com is home to many like-minded video game designers who all started on Halo: Reach's forge editor.

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

Sinnah
I have the same problem

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

GregChapman wrote
I've had no problems here, in the UK, with my forums, which are all on the n3 server.
I think I had better withdraw my earlier comment. I did have a very brief period when I could not connect to this or my own forums a couple of hours ago.

Also, a few hours after posting my previous message, there was a ten minute period when I found the OPTIONS menu of forums that I am normally logged in at and have permanently open in my browser, hung with a LOADING message as they attempted to populate the menu with my Admin options.

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

Hugo <Nabble>
I am working on this issue.

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

DavidJCobb
One of our users decided to attempt penetration testing on Testing Perfection. Godly and I approved it beforehand, as we did not expect that any exploits would cause an error of this magnitude; I figured he was just going to test the new NAML features, and at worst we'd get a NAML Error 500 or some JavaScript alert boxes popping up in our pages.

He emailed me the details of the exploit that crashed the forums, and has decided to cease any further such tests until further approval is given. Hugo, I will send you what he sent me; it may help you find and fix the bug.

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. I think it'd be best for us not to attempt any more exploit testing without first seeking approval from you or another official Nabble administrator.

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

Hugo <Nabble>
Thanks, David. I really would like to see what he did so that we can make our servers more resistent. Please send that information to hugo at nabble dot com.

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

DavidJCobb
I've already sent it via the email link on your profile. If that message doesn't go to the right address, please let me know and I'll use the one you've just posted.

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

Der Flatulator6
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
I am the person who did the testing, and I am starting to think it was a co-incidence, if Godly was experiencing this prior to I started testing.
http://derflatulator.com/

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, it might have been a coincidence. But I want to check what you did just to make sure our servers are prepared.

David, I didn't receive the email for some reason. Please send me the information through the email I just posted. Thanks!

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

mywaytoo
If it helps you, I couldn't log in here, on this forum. Nor could I register with another ID / email address...
Anne

Re: Intermittent Server Connection... anyone?

DavidJCobb
I've re-sent the email to the address in this thread.