Integration with Weebly.com

athlonin
Hey guys,

Just came across Nabble and love it, particularly the ease of embedding created forums into 3rd party websites.  We'd like to chat with one of the developers about potential integration into Weebly.com, which is an online free website creation service.  Email us at info@weebly.com.

Best,
Dan (co-founder of Weebly)

Re: Integration with Weebly.com

a_priori
I'm just a Nabble user, but I've been thinking about moving my Nabble forum to Weebly because it looks like those of use with googlepages will no longer have the ability to embed our forums after they transition us to Google sites in the coming weeks/months.

The width of Weebly templates is a problem for me at the moment, I need wider templates to be able to effectively embed my nabble forum. Also, the ability to use our own templates or to heavily customize the existing ones would help a lot. A plain template with customizable colors and width would go a long way... See my forum at atwtmb.googlepages.com for an example of the width and the type of simple template that I'm talking about.

Re: Integration with Weebly.com

athlonin
Hey a_priori,

One of our next big objectives is to allow a much greater range of customization options for the designs, such as fonts, background colors, and line spacing.  We are a 1-2 months away from releasing these capabilities, but they will provide much greater level of flexibility and personalization than is available currently, and even allow you to change the HTML and CSS directly if you wish.

We'd love to have you as a new Weebly user.  Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

- Dan

- Dan
Thanks for the reply Dan.This sounds really great ... I'll keep an eye out for your changes.

Re: Integration with Weebly.com

Nauticus
Hi guys! I've been having some problems with integrating the Nabble forum into my Weebly website. On the page where the forum should be, there's only a link saying "Free Forum" and it directs to Nabble. If I click it and then I click the "Back" button on my browser the forum only then appears embedded into weebly. Is this some kind of bug or...?
Searching for yourself is like looking for the house you stand in...

Re: Integration with Weebly.com

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Can you point me to your weebly site?

It sounds like you may have javascript disabled in your browser. Can you check if javascript is enabled? Also, what browser are you using?

Re: Integration with Weebly.com

Nauticus
The site is http://www.nauticusptc.com/forum.html

It could probably be because of the browser since I'm not currently at home and I'm using a version 6 of IE. On my computer I use Opera and I didn't have any problems. It seems to be OK now, since I embedded it once again. If I have any problems like this in the near future can I post here?

EDIT: Now I noticed, the forum does not appear to be full, if you look at the bottom one of the categories seems to be cut. I don't know why is this...
Searching for yourself is like looking for the house you stand in...

Re: Integration with Weebly.com

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
I just checked on IE6, FF3, Chrome and your forum looks fine, no problem at all.

But IE6 is full of bugs, so it may work on my IE6 but not yours. I don't know. We try to not spend too much time on IE6 because it's going to be obsolete soon. Yes, please always post bugs to the support forum. We take it very seriously.