Integrated Authentication

Paul
Can I embed Nabble into my site and force my users to post with their userids from my site? Can I pass the userid in a signed URL as when I embed Meebo, or when Facebook embeds an app?

Re: Integrated Authentication

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry we don't have this feature right now. But it's been requested several times, so we may add it if more people ask for it.

Sofar, several people suggested using OpenID, which is a more general solution that what you suggested. Are you open to that?

Re: Integrated Authentication

Marcel Overdijk
OpenID integration would be nice.

As long as my users don't have to login in my website end then again in the forum or other service Nabble is offering.

Nabble: installed (single site), not embedded (separate sites)

Graham Perrin
Marcel Overdijk wrote
As long as my users don't have to login in my website end then again in the forum or other service Nabble is offering.
I don't know much about OpenID but I believe that at least one (initial) log in would be required at each of the separate sites.

If you're seeking an installable version of Nabble, please see for example <http://n2.nabble.com/-Nabble-tp3010596p3016241.html>.

Re: Integrated Authentication

Franklin <Nabble>
I looked at OpenID and I don't like it.  Your average user doesn't want to sign in with a URL.  Facebook's system is better than OpenID but is still weak and too Facebook centric.  I am honestly amazed that no one has implemented a sensible single sign-on system.  I am looking forward to the day when a decent system is available and we will certainly support it.