Install Nabble on Your Server?

americus
On your "Nabble's Universal Back-End" page you talk about installing nabble on my server. Yes? How?

John

Re: Install Nabble on Your Server?

Hugo <Nabble>
We are still working on this goal. In a few months this will be a reality.

An installable Nabble: wondering about updates to required technologies

Graham Perrin
Thanks Hugo

Initial bundling, into an installer, of the various technologies that power Nabble is no small task. Kudos to the Nabble team for working towards that goal.

A question: beyond initial installation, what will be the approach to critical/security updates to any one of the technologies? Will administrators be encouraged to apply updates themselves? Or might there be occasional advice to refrain from an update until after it has been OK'd in principle for use in an installed Nabble environment/virtual environment?

I understand that there is no single simple answer to that question. Just to get an idea of the way that things are heading.

Best regards
Graham

Side note: <http://www.diigo.com/073fi> for an annotated view of Nabble - Universal Back-End.

Re: An installable Nabble: wondering about updates to required technologies

Hugo <Nabble>
We still don't know the answers to those questions, but we care a lot about simplicity. We are still a few months away from this reality, but this will happen.

Re: An installable Nabble: wondering about updates to required technologies

everlongh
Is source code available for the Forum? Is or will there be a developer community for the backend?

Probably, because we will deliver modules in the future. People will be able to develop and share modules, but this is far from now.
nmp

Re: Install Nabble on Your Server?

nmp
Any update? I'm also interested.

Thanks!

Re: Install Nabble on Your Server?

Hugo <Nabble>
We lowered the priority of installable Nabble for a few months until we finish our top priority features, which include templates and modules.