Increase upload limit

PFG

Increase upload limit

PFG
Is it possible to increase the file upload limit? For our limited application, we'd like to perhaps have an upper limit of 20MB. Quite happy for a total quote to be applied for my application.

Thanks
rob

Re: Increase upload limit

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Rob, you are not the first person to request this feature. Currently the 5Mb limit is hardcoded in our system, so we can't easily change that value for a given forum. Since a higher limit would mean more storage/disk space and bandwidth for the forum, the natural path is to make this a premium feature, which would cost some bucks per upload or per month. We still don't know yet how much this would cost.

Another option is to deduct credits from the forum. As you probably know, Nabble allows you to buy ad-free credits (see Options > Remove ads) which keep your pages free from ads while the number of credits is above zero. One credit means one page view without ads. Some pages don't count as page views, so they don't affect the credits as well (e.g., configuration pages, new topic, reply, people page, etc.). So the idea is to deduct credits also when someone uploads a file with more than 5Mb. Here is one possibility:

From 1 byte to 5Mb = For Free (current configuration)
From 5Mb on, each extra 1Mb deducts 200 credits:
     6Mb = 200 credits
     7Mb = 400 credits

This is just an idea and would have to be discussed with the whole Nabble team (including the number of credits per Mb). Please let me know what you think and if you have questions, comments or concerns.
PFG

Re: Increase upload limit

PFG
In principle, that would be a good solution.

Btw, I have bought credits. How do I know how many I have left?

Rob

Re: Increase upload limit

Hugo <Nabble>
PFG wrote
In principle, that would be a good solution.
Thanks, we will discuss that with the rest of the team.
PFG wrote
Btw, I have bought credits. How do I know how many I have left?
Go back to the "Options > Remove ads" page in order to see the number of credits. Please note that that number is updated once a day, so you won't see it changing live while people visit your forum.