Increase number of people per page?

mywaytoo
I want to make my list of users longer. I've found this:

<macro name="people_page_length">
        20
</macro>

So I guess that I can change "people_page_length" to 40... but how??????
Anne

Re: Increase number of people per page?

GregChapman
1. Click the "Override this Macro" button
2. On the edit screen that appears, alter the value.
3. Click the "Save Changes" button.

Once the change is in place the Macro will show with two buttons "Edit this Override" and "Remove Override", so you can easily make further changes or return to the default version of the macro.

Re: Increase number of people per page?

mywaytoo
Greg... You'll have to be more explicit... Page with app_people... This macro hasn't got the number of people in it??? It has got... in people.naml, but then there is no Override button...???
Anne

Re: Increase number of people per page?

DavidJCobb
Apologies if this sounds terse; I'm in a rush, but I figured I'd stop by and offer some help if I can.

When you're viewing the macro's code, you can click "Override this macro" right below the header. That will open the textbox, where you can then replace the number.

If you don't see an "Override this macro" button, then you might not be logged into an account with sufficient permissions; IIRC you have to be in the Administrators group.

Re: Increase number of people per page?

As David says, providing you are logged in as Admin, you should see something like this:

Macro Screen

which, after clicking the button changes to this:

Override Macro

You make the change then click the "Save changes" button. Worked for me when I tried it on my test forum.

Re: Increase number of people per page?

mywaytoo
Ah... I don't see... people_page-length. I see... app_people NAML users per page

So where the devil is people_page_length?

Anne

Re: Increase number of people per page?

GregChapman
The easiest way is to search for it.

Click the green cog wheel button beside the macro name and select "Search macros" from the menu that appears. Then enter "people_page-length" in the search box.

If you know the name of a macro this is always the easiest way. If you don't know the name of the macro then select the "Macro source contains" option and search for some text that is likely to be part of the relevant macro and, with a bit of ferreting about, you can usually find what you are looking for.

Re: Increase number of people per page?

Pedro
Hi,
GregChapman wrote
just a small correction, the macro's name is "people_page_length".

Re: Increase number of people per page?

mywaytoo
Thank you lads... Sorted!
Anne