Including conjunctions in search strings?

Including conjunctions in search strings?

GW0ETF
Been trying to search a radio/electronics group for 'IF output' - the 'IF' stands for Intermediate Frequency but everyone uses the initials....

Trouble is Nabble appears to be set up to ignore all conjunctions *even* when included within quotation marks as a literal phrase. Anyone know if there's a way round this? Output as a phrase returns thousands of hits and is useless.

Thanks,

Stewart Rolfe

Re: Including conjunctions in search strings?

Hugo <Nabble>
Did you try the advanced search?

Re: Including conjunctions in search strings?

GW0ETF
Yes...'IF' is just ignored in Adv search and when you return to the page 'IF' has been deleted from the box....

Cheers,

Stewart Rolfe

Re: Including conjunctions in search strings?

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
Yes, very common words aren't being indexed.  We will try indexing all words for the next release and see if performance holds up.