In a Nabble archive of a list: does a quiet (P2P) ban become loud (public) if the banned person posts to the underlying list?

In a Nabble archive of a list: does a quiet (P2P) ban become loud (public) if the banned person posts to the underlying list?

Graham Perrin
Spun off from <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp1322377p2155659.html>

Graham Perrin wrote
> the 'Ban' option that both 'A' and 'B' have.

That *is* useful. I do ban posters of junk messages. I have *never* banned any other poster.

The ban is silent, non-contentious, so the temperature in the forum remains low. Key point:

* negativity of all sorts, including bans, become close to invisible.
For the first time, I have banned someone for a reason other than junk.

The ban is in a Nabble archive of a list.

Question: if that person posts to list, (threaded) beneath a post by me, then is that ban:

a) communicated via Nabble to the person alone

b) communicated via Nabble to the list

c) communicated to neither (a) nor (b)?

I don't wish to ban the person publicly from the list. The list is not managed by me.

My wish is solely: to see as few posts as possible from the individual.

(My wish is not to berate them. I'm not interested in flaming.)

TIA for advice.