Import blogs posts from outside Nabble

weasy
Does anyone know if there is a way to allow registered members to import their blog posts from say blogger, wordpress, etc automatically on my Nabble application?

I want to allow member who have blogs elsewhere to automatically post on my application.  If Nabble could some how pick up the RSS feed from their blog, then it will display on the Nabble app.

Know what I mean?

Thanks

Re: Import blogs posts from outside Nabble

GregChapman
I'm not familiar with other blogging software, but if those other products can be made to mail posts as they are made then it should be simple to mail them to your Nabble application.

Re: Import blogs posts from outside Nabble

weasy
That's what I was thinking as well Greg.

I was thinking of a more official read though.  Some where on the lines where registered users could type in the RSS for their blog and Nabble would pick it up.

Re: Import blogs posts from outside Nabble

Pedro
Are you the owner of one of these blogs? I would like to try it. Could you give me the address of one of them?

Re: Import blogs posts from outside Nabble

weasy
Pedro if you could come up with a code to implement this feature that would be incredible!  I wish I knew more about javascript as I'm limited to just css and html.

I don't own any of these blogs but I have a test blog that you can use the RSS Feed from for testing purposes.

http://testblogalmonds.weebly.com/1/feed

What I'm trying to do with the site is allow member's to automatically post their blogs to this site from their blogger, wordpress, etc.  Kind of a like a one stop shop for blog information on a specific category if  that makes sense.

Thanks man

Re: Import blogs posts from outside Nabble

weasy

Were you able to come up with a code for this feature?

Re: Import blogs posts from outside Nabble

Hi weasy,

Earlier I suggested mail the posts to a forum...
weasy wrote
I was thinking of a more official read though.  Some where on the lines where registered users could type in the RSS for their blog and Nabble would pick it up.
Apologies - I've only just woken up to this...

If the posts go to a specific sub-forum that only registered users can view, then it is a simple matter for those users to access the FEEDS link that appear on any Nabble application.

Your users don't need to worry how the other blog posts were imported into your Nabble application, they just access them via the standard Nabble feed.

Re: Import blogs posts from outside Nabble

weasy
Greg

I'm not worried about that.  That I understand.

I wanted a feature that would allow my specific website to automatically import blog posts from external websites by means of RSS.  My members would sign up, place the RSS feed for their blog from say Word press in their nabble profile, and their blogs would automatically post on my website.

I like the mail in feature but members will forget or simply lose interest and an automatic RSS Feed would solve that problem.

Does that make sense?

Re: Import blogs posts from outside Nabble

weasy
I think it's too much of a request for a free forum.  I would probably need to hire someone to generate such a coding, if it could be done!

Appreciate everyone's help on this though!