*Implemented, Thanks Nabble* Feature Request - Username/Permalink of message being replied to in Classic mode

*Implemented, Thanks Nabble* Feature Request - Username/Permalink of message being replied to in Classic mode

a_priori

I know that it's easy to distinguish which comment a reply is made to in threaded mode, but an indication of who and what the comment is in reply to in the Classic mode would be a very good addition. Unfortunately, users don't always remember to quote the comment they are replying to and in very large threads with many different posters, viewing in threaded mode is not a very good option. If a simple line like the one I have put at the top of this post could be prefixed to replies in classic mode that would really help from a usability standpoint. Maybe this is not the best way of going about fitting it in to the interface, but I'm sure you get the general idea of my suggestion.

Re: Feature Request - Username/Permalink of message being replied to in Classic mode

KS (Fester)
a_priori wrote

I know that it's easy to distinguish which comment a reply is made to in threaded mode, but an indication of who and what the comment is in reply to in the Classic mode would be a very good addition. Unfortunately, users don't always remember to quote the comment they are replying to and in very large threads with many different posters, viewing in threaded mode is not a very good option. If a simple line like the one I have put at the top of this post could be prefixed to replies in classic mode that would really help from a usability standpoint. Maybe this is not the best way of going about fitting it in to the interface, but I'm sure you get the general idea of my suggestion.
Great idea!
Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Feature Request - Username/Permalink of message being replied to in Classic mode

Will <Nabble>
Thanks for the suggestion. We can do this pretty easily. Please give us a few days and it should be there.

Re: Feature Request - Username/Permalink of message being replied to in Classic mode

a_priori
Will <Nabble> wrote
Thanks for the suggestion. We can do this pretty easily. Please give us a few days and it should be there.
Thanks a lot Will, my forum members will love it.

Thanks a lot for implementing this Will.  This is a big plus for large threads.

Re: Feature Request - Username/Permalink of message being replied to in Classic mode

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks! You must have noticed, this insert only shows when a post isn't a direct reply to the post right above it.