I just embedded Nabble onto my forum and it seems I can't get it right.

I just embedded Nabble onto my forum and it seems I can't get it right.

cecesaun1
I've came across several problems with Nabble forum. I'm just going to list them and maybe one by one I can get assistance to work them all out.

I can't get my forums to be accepted. I've done everything possible yet I can't get it to work.
I still have that awful message across the top of each forum and sub forum and post.

It seems as if my Nabble forum, which I consider a 'sub' or 'mini' forum for my main site has overtaken the address of my current forum. When anyone logs onto the primary account...the page automatically jumps down to the Nabble forum. Some of my current members are complaining about it.

I'd like to embed the code directly into the css but when I asked someone for assistance, (not here) they said the embedded code doesn't look right. It needs to contain more information to be able to embed it that way into my forum. Even using an iframe doesn't work.

I'm using the old Nabble because I couldn't even get registered with the first one. When it did send a confirmation email...it would not recognize me. And I attempted this many times.

Is this fixable or am I just wasting time and energy on something that can't be fixed?

Thanks bunches!
Cecesaun1

Re: I just embedded Nabble onto my forum and it seems I can't get it right.

GregChapman
cecesaun1 wrote
I can't get my forums to be accepted.
What do you mean by "accepted"? Please explain what you have done, are doing and the precise results any error messages etc.
I still have that awful message across the top of each forum and sub forum and post.
What is "that awful message"? Please be more exact!
It seems as if my Nabble forum, which I consider a 'sub' or 'mini' forum for my main site has overtaken the address of my current forum.
If you already have a forum, why are you using Nabble as well? Do you mean that you have a current web site and wish to add forum facilities to it or that you are planning to replace your current forum with Nabble? Nabble cannot take over an adrress unlessyou have told it to, perhaps by using the "Redirect" facility. If you have selected that option, tell us.
When anyone logs onto the primary account...the page automatically jumps down to the Nabble forum. Some of my current members are complaining about it.
If you have a site already then it is always best to post the URL. It's hard to diagnose when your questions are all in the abstract.
I'd like to embed the code directly into the css
You don't embed a Nabble forum in CSS code. To place a Nabble forum within an existing page on your site you embed it in the HTML. You might be better telling us the result you wish to achieve without using any technical language.
when I asked someone for assistance, (not here) they said the embedded code doesn't look right.
Tell us the URL of the site/page then we can understand what you/they are talking about.
It needs to contain more information to be able to embed it that way into my forum. Even using an iframe doesn't work.
Stop worrying about "iframes". All you do is paste the code given by Nabble into your page (HTML file) at the point where you want the forum to appear. It's as simple as that!
I'm using the old Nabble because I couldn't even get registered with the first one.
What does "Old Nabble" mean in this context? Isn't "old Nabble" the first one? I find this description confusing. As a potential forum owner you don't "register" you just create your forum. Are you now attempting to register using another address on your own forum? You make it sound as if you have created several forums. Is that the case? Please explain exactly what you have done, in detail, what the results were of each action you have taken.
When it did send a confirmation email...it would not recognize me. And I attempted this many times.
Are you describing part of the forum creation process, registering as a dummy or test user on your newly created forum, or what? What exactly happens when Nabble does "not recognize" you.
Is this fixable or am I just wasting time and energy on something that can't be fixed?
There is too much that is too vague in these questions. Start again, providing a URL to your site and giving a set of highly specific questions, indicating the precise problem, e.g. what someone else needs to do to reproduce the problem, what you do to produce an unexpected result. What you click on, what messages you receive. Quote everything exactly, then we have a chance of helping.

Re: I just embedded Nabble onto my forum and it seems I can't get it right.

cecesaun1
Greg I thank you for responding but I think I will wait on one of the Nabble people to assist me. Your tone, (as best as can be seen via text) with all the exclamation points at the end of most of your sentences seem as if you are screaming at me. I think Nabble folks will be at least a bit nicer when assisting me.

But there are a few things I'd like to clarify with you.

I have a forum, not many forums set up as test sites or dummy sites, I've had this forum for almost 2 years and it is registered in my domain. I own it. What I wanted to achieve was to have a small forum, embedded into the larger forum and set aside for specific use. Nabble is/was to be used as a special part of my forum.

I wanted to place it using css because of where I wanted to place it in my site. I wanted to put it in the footer part so it would not have to be embedded into a thread but would have it's own space and could be made a bit larger. That system didn't work.

As for the 'awful' sign or notice, it is the one that states my post have not been approved when I've already subscribed the site as well as self subscribed also.

I really don't think it was nice the way you replied/responded to me and the only reason I decided to NOT give up on Nabble is because I had been coming back and forth to this section to see if I could find a topic similar to mine and perhaps a solution instead of having to post a new topic.

On no other post did I see anyone being handled like this and if I had I would have just removed Nabble and left it alone.

And when I say the 'old' Nabble it's the first one, the second one would not work so I decided to see if the older version would.

Again...I will wait for a response from one of the 'nice' Nabble people.

Re: I just embedded Nabble onto my forum and it seems I can't get it right.

Camo
cecesaun1, If I could see your website/forum, I might be able to suggest something that will work for you.
Could you please add a link here?
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: I just embedded Nabble onto my forum and it seems I can't get it right.

I apologise for offending you. Reading my response again I do see that my frustration with your question does come through rather more strongly than I intended. However, I will challenge your suggestion that most of my sentences ended with an exclamation point. In the total of 2185 characters I typed, there were 22 periods/full stops, 9 question marks and only 2 explanation points, amongst the total 47 punctuation marks.

Let's start again.

As I said earlier, and Camo echoed, we really do need to see your site to provide the best help for you.

As you suggested in your original message, your plan may not be fixable and may not even be a Nabble issue. For example, some software, e.g. the free versions of Wordpress, encourage you to opt for their paid service by not allowing other services to be embedded in the free version. I wonder if this is a problem with the facilities available through your main forum.

Once we establish if Nabble should be able to be embedded in your forum, we can then come on to addressing the issues you have with registering/subscriptions, permission to post and the Nabble application taking over your site.

I am not surprised that you could not find any similar questions to yours on the forum. To want to embed a forum inside another forum is a distinctly unusual request - though embedding a Nabble forum in a blog is not unknown. There really ought to be a way, through your existing forum software, of creating an area "set aside for specific use", "having its own space" and if not "made a bit larger" then given emphasis in some other way - and is placing this special area in the footer appropriate, or just the best you think you can do given the problems you have with your existing software?