I have been approved to post in forum, but still cannot!

I have been approved to post in forum, but still cannot!

freebiecycle
The forum owner has approved me to post in the forum, but when I try to, it gives the same message: not authorized!!!!!!!...I then complete the form again...the forum owner clicks the link to approve me in the email from Nabble...then I try to post again...then the same...NOT AUTHORIZED!!!!!...crazy system!

Re: I have been approved to post in forum, but still cannot!

Hugo <Nabble>
Please post a link to the forum so that I can take a look.

Re: I have been approved to post in forum, but still cannot!

freebiecycle
Hi Hugo

The link to the forum is as follows:

I had used another email address to set this up with ([hidden email]) then joined as a member with: [hidden email] so that I could check out the mechanics of the forum. The 'Freebies for ALL!' forum at the top should only allow the group owner posting rights, plus anyone they approve, so I submitted the email form to FCLA@ to request approval, then confirmed approval from the FCLA@ email account, then as members@, I tried to post...but it said 'not approved' to post in this area of the forum, went through the process again...but the same happened

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to remove members@ as a subscriber, then change FCLA@ to members@ ...what do you think?

We have decided to use Nabble for freebiecycle.org since your service is attached to our Weebly.com website creation tools. We intend to build several thousand forums for freebiecycle.org, one for each city and town. We are a recycling organization who are creating mini groups for people to manage and moderate in their own cities and towns, so I am trying to make the whole process as easy as possible.

In the future, I will use [hidden email] to create ALL the forums, then this small problem will not occur again

Regards
Max

Re: I have been approved to post in forum, but still cannot!

freebiecycle
Hi Hugo

I have changed the settings for that particular part of the forum, and I am now able to post

I couldn't figure out the difference between a 'registered user' and a 'member' (I think I understand now...'members' are those invited by the 'owner'
and I am supposing that when the owner 'checks' (under: options-users-who are members) the box next to a particular 'member', that 'member' can then act as an administrator and moderate posts? (is this correct?)

Sorry about the questions, but I could not find anything on this in the HELP section

Happy New Year!
Max
Please post a link to the forum so that I can take a look.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/I-have-been-approved-to-post-in-forum-but-still-cannot-tp4238834p4241364.html
To unsubscribe from I have been approved to post in forum, but still cannot!, click here.

Re: I have been approved to post in forum, but still cannot!

freebiecycle wrote
I had used another email address to set this up with (FCLA@mygroupmailbox.net) then joined as a member with: members@freebiecycle.org so that I could check out the mechanics of the forum. The 'Freebies for ALL!' forum at the top should only allow the group owner posting rights, plus anyone they approve, so I submitted the email form to FCLA@ to request approval, then confirmed approval from the FCLA@ email account, then as members@, I tried to post...but it said 'not approved' to post in this area of the forum, went through the process again...but the same happened
I see that you have selected "Members can participate" in the "Who can view & post?" screen. This is the right option for you. I believe you used a different (and wrong) option when you had this problem above.
freebiecycle wrote

In the future, I will use members@freebiecycle.org to create ALL the forums, then this small problem will not occur again
Looks good, thanks.

Re: I have been approved to post in forum, but still cannot!

freebiecycle wrote
I couldn't figure out the difference between a 'registered user' and a 'member' (I think I understand now...'members' are those invited by the 'owner'
and I am supposing that when the owner 'checks' (under: options-users-who are members) the box next to a particular 'member', that 'member' can then act as an administrator and moderate posts? (is this correct?)
You are right. Here you can find more information:
http://n2.nabble.com/Members-vs-Registered-Users-on-Forum-tp3554860p3554860.html