I can't get directly to my Nabble URL

ClaudeMobetta
Hi,

I have had my web site with Nabble for over a year.
I also have a domain Name - claudemobetta.com - and Hosting Company

So I put the 2 together - so I could -
Thank a person for stopping by my site -
Just before going to my Nabble URL
(there were still a lot of viewers on Dialup)

So it goes to my Hosting Company and then to my Nabble site.

I used to type in a Nabble URL and go straight to my Nabble site -
But I can’t seem to find it - or make it work

((I thought - http://n2.nabble.com/embed/f2634207 - was it))
But that just gives me a no site navagation show

My html code goes like this at the end ( I have replace <> with for font size and color") :

</script>
<center>"font color="ff0000" style="FONT-SIZE: 30pt" face="Comic Sans MS" "Loading...<BR><BR>LOA Computer Help plus
<script src="http://n2.nabble.com/embed/f2634207"></script>
One of these n2.nabble - should get me to my site - without going through my Hosting company.

So what is the Nabble URL for my site…
Thanks -
Claude

http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html

Re: I can't get directly to my Nabble URL

Hugo <Nabble>
I think you are talking about this URL:
http://n2.nabble.com/LOA-Computer-Help-plus-f2634207.html

It is listed under your profile page (My posts in all places):
http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserRootNodes.jtp?user=205502

I am wondering why you didn't look under your profile pages and tried to find it.

Re: I can't get directly to my Nabble URL

ClaudeMobetta
Hello - and thanks...

When I use this:
http://n2.nabble.com/LOA-Computer-Help-plus-f2634207ef2634207.html
((Does this STILL go through my Hosting Company? Not sure...?))

It changes in the address bar to:
http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html#nabble-f2634207

And that goes to my Host Company - I think - I get the "Thanks for stopping by" message..

I thought when I started out - before hooking up to my Hosting Co. -
The Nabble URL for my site was much shorter?

What do you think?

I just want a Nabble URL that goes straight to my HELP SITE/Nabble as when I first started...

Thanks - Claude

I am not sure I understand what you said. The URL that goes to your forum is:
http://n2.nabble.com/LOA-Computer-Help-plus-f2634207.html
(note that I removed the ef2634207 part from the link you posted)

If you want your forum to stay on that URL (in other words, it won't go to your hosted website), then you have to disable the redirect option in "Options > Embedding options".

Re: I can't get directly to my Nabble URL

ClaudeMobetta
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
That still takes me to my Host first and then loads my site

I am not sure I understand what you said. The URL that goes to your forum is:
http://n2.nabble.com/LOA-Computer-Help-plus-f2634207.html
(note that I removed the ef2634207 part from the link you posted)

If you want your forum to stay on that URL (in other words, it won't go to your hosted website), then you have to disable the redirect option in "Options > Embedding options".
OK - But not too sure - and don't want to lose my Nabble site...

This is not clear to me....

Is there a way I could use both a direct to Nabble and the to my site
And then a URL that goes to my Host and then to Nabble/mysite?

Thanks - Claude

Re: I can't get directly to my Nabble URL

Hugo <Nabble>
That's the option -- you should select "Allow users to visit...". Then users that go directly to your website will see the embedded forum. Users that go to the Nabble URL will see a normal forum (not embedded). You can try that and see. This redirect feature is harmless.

Re: I can't get directly to my Nabble URL

ClaudeMobetta
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
That's the option -- you should select "Allow users to visit...". Then users that go directly to your website will see the embedded forum. Users that go to the Nabble URL will see a normal forum (not embedded). You can try that and see. This redirect feature is harmless.
OK - so using this I won't lose/delete my Habble site?
And viewers can go either way - Correct?

Thanks Hugo - will sweat bullets

Till I get it ...

Getting to be a very old nerverous cow...

Thanks - Claude

Re: I can't get directly to my Nabble URL

Hugo <Nabble>
ClaudeMobetta wrote
yes

Re: I can't get directly to my Nabble URL

ClaudeMobetta
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
That's the option -- you should select "Allow users to visit...". Then users that go directly to your website will see the embedded forum. Users that go to the Nabble URL will see a normal forum (not embedded). You can try that and see. This redirect feature is harmless.
Ya know - your good ---

Yo Hugo -
Thanks fer all da help - I got it fixed like I wanted.. -
You guys seem to think of everythin…

Wel my friend speeks yo tech stuff - so I emailed him to reed yo help replies and he relayed it back ta me - in 1 syllable words.   That guy would be Martin from the UK - I’m from Oregon USA. Am sure many of you know Martin from his and the AOL message Help Boards.

Martin is a most amazing and patient  person I have ever run into on the Internet.
I figure I’m pretty darn good at HTML code - and I owe it all to Martin.
Check this out for some fun and music.. lots of HTML code there..

http://claudemobetta.com/2jukebox.html

He answered my thousands of questions - many 5 times - for almost 3 years.
The man knows his stuff. I stil get stuck and go ta him...

If ya want help from Martin - especially but not only HTML - here is a good place to start.

http://www.spiderswebpagebuildinghelp.webs.com/

There are several other URLs for Martin on his web site -
Email me if ya have a problem getting to him…

Thanks again -

http://claudemobetta.com/lmb/loa2.html

Or

http://n2.nabble.com/LOA-Computer-Help-plus-f2634207ef2634207.html