I can't access my forum

NatureOz
I created a forum using Nabble and connected it to a sub-domain that I own. I can't access it now. Here is the link: http://forum.natureoz.com/

Does this mean that my forum is gone? Please help me.

Re: I can't access my forum

NatureOz
I still can't access it. Please answer...

Re: I can't access my forum

946
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: I can't access my forum

NatureOz
Do you think they're going to fix it?

Re: I can't access my forum

946
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: I can't access my forum

Agreed! Three reports of missing forums from those on the n8 server.

My forums on n3, n4, n5, n7 and x6 servers are all running.

Re: I can't access my forum

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
Yes n8 is down.  I am trying to reach our sysadmin to fix it.

Re: I can't access my forum

Gary Lewis
Yep, my forum on n8 is down as well. Been down since maybe 7 CDT this morning that I'm aware of. Do the sysadmins not get alerted when a system goes down?  I started a forum on Friday and haven't gone live, so need to understand how often this happens and how long it typically takes to fix it before making a decision to go live.

But please understand, I realize I'm on a free service. I really like what I've seen and appreciate Nabble. But it may not be the service I am looking for. Is there a premium service with multiple servers for a forum?
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: I can't access my forum

Judipearl
veritas-legio.12302.n8.nabble.com

My friend's site is down as well.

Mine on n5 seems to be okay for now.

Re: I can't access my forum

Judipearl
Thank you Franklin!

Re: I can't access my forum

NatureOz
Thanks Franklin.

Re: I can't access my forum

NatureOz
It's working now. Thank you so much Franklin. I really appreciate it.

Re: I can't access my forum

Gary Lewis wrote
...need to understand how often this happens and how long it typically takes to fix it
In my seven years with Nabble I can recall a server outage of this kind two or three times. Always fixed within three hours, or so, of me seeing reports on this forum.
The most disruptive event that I have seen reported here happened once was caused by an overload on the n5 server. It took several days to fully upload the backup data and merge it onto a replacement server and, I understand, there may have been some loss of data in the period between the latest backup and the server going down.

It's the nature of a forum based support system that outages become very visible even to those unaffected.

Given the number of servers that Nabble run I don't think Nabble has a bad record for uptime.

Re: I can't access my forum

Gary Lewis
Thanks, Franklin.

And thanks, Greg.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: I can't access my forum

Franklin <Nabble>
What happened here is that we have new sysadmin who upgraded Postgres (the database) without notifying users.  We will have similar downtimes on all other servers to upgraded Postgres, but we will notify users next time.