Https Protocol Request

1 ... 21222324252627

Re: Https Protocol Request

hemind
I have just learned that I should set a 301 redirect from one to another. Is this correct?

Re: Https Protocol Request

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Where did you learn it?

Re: Https Protocol Request

hemind wrote
I have just learned that I should set a 301 redirect from one to another. Is this correct?
Not normally!
In most cases you'll find a setting at your domain name provider that allows requests for addresses with or without a www. to be served as the same thing.

Re: Https Protocol Request

wherearethetaro
Application for https setup:

http://nabble.k2forum.totalh.net

Https Protocol Request

7bagger
According to the instructions seen in the GregHelp nabble support, I pleasently ask for request to have an httpS instead of http so that I can embed my nabble forum:

- The full URL of my subdomain: http://foro.7bagger.com/
- The full URL of my Nabble app: http://foro-7bagger.329401.n8.nabble.com/

Thank you very much.

Re: Https Protocol Request

Izzyboi
Please activate HTTPS for http://www.blogspotforum.eu.org/

Thank you

Re: Https Protocol Request

Israel <Nabble>
Done. Please don't embed your forum, this feature is not working properly.

Re: Https Protocol Request

stmpspaz
Please set https

domain: forum.sudsol.org
Full url  http://sudsol.1100894.n7.nabble.com/

Thank you

Re: Https Protocol Request

stmpspaz
So if we are not to embed, what should we do. Direct link to it? My site now just shows the link and isn't working

Re: Https Protocol Request

stmpspaz
I followed the directions I found - did the cname etc, asked to be changed to https

I put the info in the embedded site with https - and then my site only shows the link that doesn't work.

If I change back to http - it works.

I must be missing a step somewhere?

Patti

Re: Https Protocol Request

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Https has been enabled as requested.
Try to change your site from http to https.

Re: Https Protocol Request

stmpspaz
thank you - it appears to be (knock on wood) working now!

Patti

Re: Https Protocol Request

Dusan
Asking for https protocol on the following link:
http://pfa.69485.n8.nabble.com/

Thank you!

HTTPS Protocol Request

Ryan Sitzmann
Hi,

I've been going through the steps outlined in the article below. I have created a subdomain (forum.idpguru.com) and set up the proper CNAME redirect to (host forum, points to: n3.nabble.com).

http://greghelp.991552.n3.nabble.com/Embedded-Forums-and-https-td4012846.html#register

When I enter the URL forum.idpguru.com it redirects to Nabble; however, when I go to try to complete step 2.3 (Set Subdomain to be Used for Forum), I get the "Your domain name currently resolves to an IP address that doesn't belong to Nabble. Please follow the instructions (see link below) in order to update your DNS. If you have just updated your DNS, please wait 24 hours for the changes to take affect." It's been days since I updated the CNAME, so it should be propagated and it's being redirected to Nabble.

Any sense of why I continue to get this message?

Here are the URL details for reference:

The full URL of your subdomain: forum.idpguru.com
The full URL of your Nabble app: http://idp-forum.693535.n3.nabble.com/

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: HTTPS Protocol Request

GregChapman
It looks as if your request for https at:
http://support.nabble.com/Https-Protocol-Request-tp7600969p7602735.html
was never actioned by Nabble. At least there's no reply from Nabble staff to it

Re: HTTPS Protocol Request

Ryan Sitzmann
Thanks, Greg. When I posted that a couple years ago, I didn't really know what I was doing and didn't go through the proper steps to even set up a CNAME/subdomain.

I now believe I've gone through those steps and when you type in forum.idpguru.com, it redirects to Nabble. But I still get an error when trying to change my domain name within Nabble to forum.idpguru.com as it says, "Your domain name currently resolves to an IP address that doesn't belong to Nabble. Please follow the instructions (see link below) in order to update your DNS. If you have just updated your DNS, please wait 24 hours for the changes to take affect."

Not really sure what's going on. Does Nabble need to turn on https or something before I change the domain within Nabble?

Re: HTTPS Protocol Request

Ryan Sitzmann
I actually just figured it out. I was using Cloudflare as a CDN and the CNAME was being proxied so it was pointing to their IPs versus nabble. That's now been unproxied and I have successfully changed by domain within Nabble.

Now I just need an Nabble admin to set https for my forum. My information is below:

The full URL of your subdomain: forum.idpguru.com
The full URL of your Nabble app: http://idp-forum.693535.n3.nabble.com/

Can one of the Nabble admins please turn on https for me?

Thanks!
Ryan

Re: HTTPS Protocol Request

Israel <Nabble>