How to stop random people creating categories and forums????

How to stop random people creating categories and forums????

MONKEY(admin)
HI, I love this free service....now, how can I stop people from creating categories and sub-forums? If you go to my forum as a non member, you basically do as you please. How do i stop this if it's possible?? Thanks in advance!

 The forum is here   http://www.gamemonkey.co.nr

 P.s. I just want them to be able to create new threads in a sub-forum.

Re: How to stop random people creating categories and forums????

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Monkey (admin),

To disable the "create new sub-forum" menu item, you have to click on "Options > Users > Who can view & post? > Restrict new topics". Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

RE: How to stop random people creating categories and forums????

MONKEY(admin)
hi Hugo, sorry to be a pain. I did as you said and it worked exactly as I hoped.....now how do I remove a sub-forum that someone has started on my forum? Seems to be a spammer who is going around forums making trouble. His name is benny and you can see his sub forum here at the website forum in the "website suggestion category   http://www.gamemonkey.co.nr

                                   Thanks, Monkey!

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 17:23:18 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: How to stop random people creating categories and forums????

Hi Monkey (admin),

To disable the "create new sub-forum" menu item, you have to click on "Options > Users > Who can view & post? > Restrict new topics". Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/How-to-stop-random-people-creating-categories-and-forums-----tp2100395p2104171.html

Read amazing stories to your kids on Messenger. Try it Now!

FORGET THE LAST EMAIL :)

MONKEY(admin)
Hi, sorry to bother you, I managed to delete the sub forum, thanks anyway. :)

Read amazing stories to your kids on Messenger. Try it Now!

Hi. Can you give some help with nabble?

MONKEY(admin)
Hi Hugo. How are you?

 I use the amazing Nabble at my website  http://www.modernwarfare2.co.nr

 All of my users have been requesting a feature for the forum. Basically they would like a more detailed user profile, preferably with an "about me!" section. Could you please tell me if there are any plans to add anything like this in the future?

 One final thing. On the Nabble site homepage, there is a section that say's "what's cool." My forum is much more active than most of these forums and I was just wondering how you get your site in this list??

 Many thanks in advance!

Windows Live Messenger: Celebrate 10 amazing years with free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now

Re: Hi. Can you give some help with nabble?

Hugo <Nabble>
MONKEY(admin) wrote
 All of my users have been requesting a feature for the forum. Basically they would like a more detailed user profile, preferably with an "about me!" section. Could you please tell me if there are any plans to add anything like this in the future?
Yes, as I said here:
http://n2.nabble.com/Something-EVERONE-is-asking-for%21%21%21%21-tp3410389p3424741.html
MONKEY(admin) wrote
 One final thing. On the Nabble site homepage, there is a section that say's "what's cool." My forum is much more active than most of these forums and I was just wondering how you get your site in this list??
They are sorted by activity. If you forum is more active than those forums, soon it will climb the list and go to the homepage. We don't sort that list manually.