How to post seniority of members

Head Trading Coach
Hello,

I have some long time members in my forum. This same forum also has new members joining everyday. I want to be able to place something under the avatar of these senior forum members that lets everybody know who they are.

I want it to be similar to when I post and administrator comes up under my avatar. I would like "senior" to come up under these members.

How can I do this?

Thank you,

Johnathon

Re: How to post seniority of members

GregChapman
1. Create a User Group for the senior members and add that group to the profiles of all who meet the criteria.
2. Write a NAML macro designed to place the text "Senior" on the screen.
3. Insert code to call that macro within the existing "classic_big_avatar_cell" macro.

That looks like this:
<macro name="classic_big_avatar_cell" requires="node">
            <n.owner.avatar size="big" border_class="medium-border-color"/>
    <n.avatar_label condition="[n.owner.is_site_admin/]" label="[b][t]Administrator[/t][/b]"/>
    <n.avatar_label condition="[n.owner.is_banned/]" label="[t]Banned User[/t]"/>
    <n.owner.post_count/>
</macro>
Unfortunately, I haven't yet got the skills to tell you how to do Step 2. :-(

However, if you're used to coding, I understand that there's enough NAML documentation at:
http://naml.nabble.com/
for people to be able to complete the task.

Re: How to post seniority of members

Hi,
Take a look at this: http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/need-help-with-groups-and-titles-td7209384.html#a7244345 .
You can create the "senior" group and add who you want. Then, make the changes in this code above according to your necessities.

Re: How to post seniority of members

Head Trading Coach
Thank you both very much for your help!!!

Sincerely,

Johnathon

Re: How to post seniority of members

Hi Pedro, Silly me! I should have remembered that post! It's in my starred list. I tried to re-invent the wheel and had failed. I found these lines which I had hoped would give me a clue:
<condition2.is_in_group group="[n.administrators_group/]" />
and
<checked><n.page_user.is_in_group.current_group/></checked>
These are the only occurrences of "is_in_group" in my test forum but I couldn't work out the syntax that did the job. Turns out it is the simple:
condition="[n.owner.is_in_group group='VIP'/]"
So much for me thinking I had absorbed that part of the NAML documentation. Looks like I'll have to read it all again :-(