How to let go of worry..

Lily Hills
Inspirational Quote:  Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength ~ Corrie Ten Boom

Notes from Lily:  Corrie Ten Boom was an extraordinary dutch woman who ran a church for people with mental disabilities and raised foster children. Along with her father and other family members, Corrie helped many Jews escape the holocaust during World War II and was imprisoned for it.  In the movie based on her personal story, The Hiding Place, she speaks to the fact that she was thrilled when she learned that she was being released from prison, and only later learned that her release had been a clerical error. A miracle?  I believe good things happen to good people... period. This sounds like a triple miracle to me.

Advice that is given by women like Corrie is like gold to me. Whose advice would I rather follow that a woman that is that brave, that loving, that wise?

And her advice around worry is 18 carat gold.  Worry is like practicing your greatest fears in your mind...robbing you of the joy of the NOW.

 Stress has also been shown to up the hunger hormones in your body..making it far more likely you will overeat.  And increased levels of the stress related hormone cortisol has been linked to the storage of excess abdominal fat.

So how can we best heed Corrie's advice and let go of worry?
1. Question your thoughts....Don't let them take a hall pass..question the ones that make you miserable...
2. Do a cost payoff if your stress is related to a decision...clarity reduces stress.
3.  Ask yourself powerful questions...Am I willing to let this thought go so that I can be at peace in this moment, so that I can stay connected to God, so that I can see clearly what my options are...
4. Use your "outloud" voice to talk some sense into your "self"!

These are some of the most powerful tools at your disposal...  If you use them...you will have more joy in your life than you ever imagined possible.

And you deserve all the joy you desire!

Remember to be good to yourself, it brings out the best of who you are and that makes the world a better place!

Love always,
Lily