How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

MarcusMuellerNabble
To whom it may concern,

Even worse, as a user frontend, Nabble absolutely fails at not breaking discussions, making people miss good answers, and hence, Nabble is wasting everyone's time.

Therefore, we, before we get in contact with our representatives at FSF, would request that you immediately cease keeping a mailing list archive, as well as stopping to act as frontend to the aforementioned mailing list.

Best regards,
Marcus Müller

Documentation and Mailing List Community Manager
GNU Radio project

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
Please post a link to the nabble archive that you want removed.

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

I sympathise with your concern about an outsider setting up an archive and I'm sure Franklin will follow through on your request but "Threaded View" seems to produce as good a breakdown of complex threads as many a mail program I've seen.

Here's the first topic, with more than a dozen posts, I found in the list I assume you refer to:
http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/Successful-installation-of-GNURadio-3-6-4-1-on-Window-XP-and-Windows-8-tt45545.html

Each to their own, I guess!

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

MarcusMuellerNabble
Dear Franklin,

thanks!

http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com

Is it possible to notify the users that the archive does no longer exist? I want to avoid that people are angry at Nabble or at us :)

Thank you,
Marcus Müller

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
This is a very big archive going back to 2005.  So if I delete this, I will probably break many links pointing at it.  My suggestion is to make it read-only.  Is that okay?

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

Amedee Van Gasse
My apologies for hijacking, but I have a support request that is still unattended and that requires exactly the same solution: make a mailing list archive read only.
See http://support.nabble.com/Request-ownership-of-iText-forum-td7598172.html#a7598263

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

MarcusMuellerNabble
Dear Franklin,

yes, please delete that archive, and unsubscribe.

Could you also make sure that it's not re-opened / re-subscribed later?

Best regards,
Marcus

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
I unsubscribed.

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

MarcusMuellerNabble
As said, please also delete the archive. Thank you!

Administrator
I made it read-only as well.  So it is unsubscribed and read-only, and I don't see how this can cause you any trouble.  As I said, deleting the archive would break many links.

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

MarcusMuellerNabble
Dear Franklin,

we frankly don't care about broken links to Nabble. We do care that the
official mail archive usually renders the oft formula-rich and deeply
threaded mails significantly better.

Delete the archive. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Marcus

http://support.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21workgroup%3Aworkgroup.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
You aren't the owner of this mailing list according to:

I am reluctant to delete the entire archive because one user (you) doesn't like it.  If you could have a mailing list owner request that I delete the archive, I will do it.

Also, in response to:

http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/gr-scan-fine-window-and-coarse-window-bandwidth-tp64509p64512.html

We do have a threaded view which shows the tree.

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

bhilburn
Hi Franklin -

Thanks for working with Marcus! I am the maintainer of GNU Radio and one of the two owners of `discuss-gnuradio`. We would like for the Nabble archive to be deleted.

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Ben

Re: How to get Mailing List OUT of Nabble

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
deleted