How to disable post by email for my forums

How to disable post by email for my forums

Sagar Nandi
Dear Nabble !,

You have a great product. Thanks for creating the forum platform.

For my two forums I would like to disable "post by email". The subscribe by email is fine for our forum and it may remain there. If it is not possible to keep one of them active, then we would prefer to deactivate both of these.

Pls help with this.

The forums are:

usa.SuperiorPRofit.co
india.SuperiorPRofit.co

Thanks !

Sagar

Re: How to disable post by email for my forums

Pedro
If a user receives an post by email, as a subscriber to individual messages, he has the option to reply by email. Should we take it off too?

Re: How to disable post by email for my forums

Sagar Nandi
Dear Pedro,

Yes. Please deactivate post by email and also "reply" post by email.

Let the subscribe be email remain.

Thanks for your help.

Sagar

Re: How to disable post by email for my forums

Pedro
You have to edit two macros:
1- send_subscription_email in order to remove the reply email address, so that the subscriber won't be able to reply the message, he will receive a "no-reply" address at the from field instead:
<override_macro name="send_subscription_email" parameters="node_attr,text_part,html_part" requires="subscription">
    <n.set_local_subscription.this_subscription/>
    <n.set_local_node.node_attr/>
    <n.block.>
        <n.new_email.>
            <n.send>
                <to.local_subscription.user.user_email/>
                <to_name.local_subscription.user.name/>

                <from_name><n.local_node.owner.name/> [via <n.root_node.subject/>]</from_name>
                <subject.local_node.subject/>
                <text_part.text_part/>
                <html_part.html_part/>
                <set_headers_for.local_node/>
                <bounce_to.local_subscription.user.bounces_address/>
            </n.send>
        </n.new_email.>
    </n.block.>
</override_macro>
2- app_dropdown_later in order to remove the option from your app's menu:

<override_macro name="app_dropdown_later" requires="servlet">
    <n.javascript_response/>
    <n.get_node_from_parameter.>
        <n.menu_subscription/>

        <n.menu_edit_name_and_description/>