How to delete categories

Uttam Saxena
Hi

I started a forum called Power Professional Forum. It has four main categories - Power Generation, Power Transmission, Power Distribution and Energy Management 2007 with sub forums within them.

http://n2.nabble.com/Power-Professional%27s-Forum-f1344630ef1344630.html

I deleted the sub forums within Energy Management 2007 category but the category itself is not deleting. Nothing happens when I click remove button, whether it is pinned or unpinned.

Please Help.

Regards

Uttam Saxena
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Re: How to delete categories

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Uttam,

To delete a category, navigate to its page (http://n2.nabble.com/Energy-Management-2007-f1360038.html) and click on "Options > Delete this forum".

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: How to delete categories

Uttam Saxena
Thanks a lot.

Actually I was doing it from Main forum page -- Structure---manage categories---Remove link.

What for this remove link is there?

Regards
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Re: How to delete categories

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
"Delete" and "Remove" are different concepts in Nabble. "Remove" is remove a post or forum from its current parent post or forum. So, the post/forum that you have removed still exists, and it exists as a parent-less post, which you can still find in your user account. "Delete" means to delete a post or forum permanently. Once you delete it, it will be deleted and cease to exist.

Re: How to delete categories

Todd Roper
This post was updated on .
I also tried to remove a category with the same result as Uttam, then I tried Hugo's solution.  I clicked on the category and selected "Delete" from the "Options" menu and the page went blank.  Then, when I returned to the forum, the category was still there.  The only difference now, I think, is that I can't post new threads to this category.  How can I post new threads, or get the category to delete so I can start over?

Thanks very much!
Love, Todd
View my heart attack survivor video at MySpace
Visit my seasonal blog: Where's Christmas?