How to I modify the Create_poll permission?

How to I modify the Create_poll permission?

Talia123
I’m not good with html or anything but I want my users to be able to add polls. But how do I modify the Create_poll permission? I enabled The poll addon but I don’t know how to modify this! Please help me

Re: How to I modify the Create_poll permission?

GregChapman
Hi,
Talia123 wrote
I enabled The poll addon but I don’t know how to modify this!
As you say you have added the Polls add-on by checking the box at:
Options > Application > Extras & Add-ons > Voting & Survey
shown here:

Polls Add-on
Then you need to go to:
Options > Users > Change permissions
and scroll well down the page to find:

Polls Permission
... where you should open the drop down list button to select "Modified" then check the boxes in any of the three columns, "Registered", "Members" or "Authors" as desired.
Note: that those in the "Anyone" group (i.e. users who have not validated their email address by registering) may not create a poll and Administrators cannot have the permission turned off.

Once that is done, any user in one of the groups with the permission turned on will see an additional option (ringed in red) when writing a message:

Polls option