How to Ban a member without losing forum contents?

How to Ban a member without losing forum contents?

Priyanka_Mallu
Hi Pedro,

How are you?
Pedro can tell me how to ban a member without losing contents?
I tried banning that member but ended up losing that's person contents in the forum.
It would be great if you can help me out.
I want to ban the member with contents intact.
Waiting for your reply.

Thank you,
Regards,
Priyanka

Re: How to Ban a member without losing forum contents?

GregChapman
Priyanka_Mallu wrote
Pedro can tell me how to ban a member without losing contents?
Click on the Username/Avatar of the user to be banned. This takes you to a screen where you see an option to "Ban this user". Select that and a screen appears with the  following options

===================
 Select below the actions you want to take:
[ ] Ban this user
If you ban this user, he/she won't be able to do anything in [Your Forum Name]. Remember that the banning action isn't efficient because the user can always come back with a different account.

[ ] Delete all posts from this user
The user will receive a copy of all delete posts by email, so that he/she can have a chance to save them.
===================

Select only the first option and the user's posts will remain intact when you click the "Take action" button on that screen.

Re: How to Ban a member without losing forum contents?

Priyanka_Mallu
Hi Greg,

Thanks for replying.
I did try the first option "Ban the user".
But still that's person's replies are not visible.
If I go back to his replies,it says content deleted so I had to undo the "Ban" action.
I do not want to lose the contents,only ban the user.

Regards,

Re: How to Ban a member without losing forum contents?

Pedro
Please, let me see your forum. The posts should have remained intact, as Greg said.

Re: How to Ban a member without losing forum contents?

Priyanka_Mallu
Here Pedro Check it out

Re: How to Ban a member without losing forum contents?

GregChapman
That message suggests the author decided to delete the contents of the message before you banned him.

Is that possible? Did you check that particular message immediately before banning him?

Pedro will need to know the URL of your forum if he is to investigate further.

Re: How to Ban a member without losing forum contents?

Priyanka_Mallu
Hi Greg & Pedro,

This is the forum url.

The user deleted the contents before banning him.I restored the contents fortunately.
That is the reason long back I asked to remove "Delete Post" option for forum users.
The other day he came back so I went to ban him.
Then the following message appeared.
So I do not want to lose contents because of banning action.