How does a "subscriber" become a "member"

How does a "subscriber" become a "member"

Sarbajit Roy (testing)
I'm the owner of a forum [St Mary's High School ICSE '77].

I "subscribed" (using the "Options>Subscribe" link) an alternate email account (this one) to test the login / registration experience for "non-owners". I've been able to post (reply) a test message (using the web interface), and can login to the forum after completing the "registration" process.

BUT,

1) This email account does not show up under "members" - it does, however,  show up under "subscribers".
2) The only "Option" I can see is "Subscribe via e-mail". (When I click on this link, it informs me that this email-ID is already subscribed). I can't see the "Post by email" option.

Also, there are 8 subscribers now to this forum, but only 2 have made it to "members"

My Query:
What do I have to do now to become a "member" ?
( I need to know since I want to make some "subscribers" into "admins")

Thanks

Re: How does a "subscriber" become a "member"

Hugo <Nabble>
If you click on the "New Topic" link on the forum interface, you will see a form to request permission to the administrators. This is the standard way to become a member, but you can add as many members you want by clicking on the "Options > Users > Who are members?" page. You can copy & paste the user names and add one by one. We are always open to new suggestions and improvements. If you think you have better ideas, please let us know.