How do you ban someone in a newspaper?

Harvey
I cant find the list of members where it allows me to ban someone the way I can in my forum?

Re: How do you ban someone in a newspaper?

Pedro
Do you mean list like this?

Yes - how do I find that?  I want to ban a spammer from one of my newspapers.

Re: How do you ban someone in a newspaper?

Harvey
Pedro this looks a little odd:

Was there no way before to manage members? I thought I was just missing it.

Can you move this link somewhere else or at least put it in a column with the other fields?

Re: How do you ban someone in a newspaper?

Harvey
We are about to publish an article and I didn't want the extra contributors link showing so I tried to delete the macro override.  Not sure if it worked because I still see the link there in all browsers, but it may be cached.

Here is the code if you want to save it:

 <override_macro name="can_be_displayed_in" requires="user" dot_parameter="node_attr">
    <n.set_local_user.this_user />
    <n.set_local_node.node_attr/>
    <n.block.>
        <n.both>
            <condition1.not.local_user.is_banned/>
            <condition2.local_user.is_in_group group="Contributors" />
        </n.both>
    </n.block.>
</override_macro>

If  this is not the proper code that I deleted can you please delete whatever is creating the extra contributors link?

Also I wish I knew who to clear caching so I could see the effect of changes I am making.

I deleted that. I'm looking for a way to make a link for your members since we have changed the default way for showing only contributors.

Re: How do you ban someone in a newspaper?

Harvey
I get it. That is a unique issue to my app based on the customization I've done.

Maybe just add the link in the options menu so only I can see it?

No rush on this. It's not like a forum where the need to ban is regular. In two years I got my first ban need today.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I deleted that. I'm looking for a way to make a link for your members since we have changed the default way for showing only contributors.

http://support.nabble.com/How-do-you-ban-someone-in-a-newspaper-tp7586974p7586996.html
To unsubscribe from How do you ban someone in a newspaper?, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Who is the spammer?

Re: How do you ban someone in a newspaper?

Harvey
Dont worry about it> I can deal with it when you get it figured out.

More concerned about the subscription email right now.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Who is the spammer?

http://support.nabble.com/How-do-you-ban-someone-in-a-newspaper-tp7586974p7587001.html
To unsubscribe from How do you ban someone in a newspaper?, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
----------
Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: How do you ban someone in a newspaper?

Harvey
Pedro,

Could you ban this person from my directory?

placarkil <anafidin@hotmail.com>

Thanks

Re: How do you ban someone in a newspaper?

Re: How do you ban someone in a newspaper?

Harvey
Thanks.

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Banned:
http://directory.nyskiblog.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=379297

http://support.nabble.com/How-do-you-ban-someone-in-a-newspaper-tp7586974p7589293.html
To unsubscribe from How do you ban someone in a newspaper?, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com
HTTPS Please!