How do i........

soulgood
1st off,
I LOVE My Nabble
I have just setup a forum and wanted to know how do i only allow members to post in the catorgories that i have created ie;
General Discussion - Members have to go into this discussion to post and to create a new topic.
News And Events - Members have to go into this as well

I do not want members to create new topics on the front page
forgive me if this sounds dumb... it's my 1st time
thxall
Good Music For The Soul

Re: How do i........

Hugo <Nabble>
This can be configured on "Options > Users > Who can view & post?". Basically, you have to select a restrictive answer for the "Who can create new topics?" question because this question - in particular - is not inherited by sub-forums. So sub-forums will continue to let normal users create new topics even if the parent forum restricts this. So you should select "members" or "administrators" for that question (you should select "administrators" if only members are allowed to post in your forum).

This option is indeed not intuitive and we will add a note to it soon.

Re: How do i........

soulgood
thx HUGO,
i will try this
Good Music For The Soul

Re: How do i........

soulgood
Thx again Hugo,
I think what i wanted to do was change my "type" to "category"category
So that my forum looks like this above.
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Music For The Soul