How do I remove a user ID/ email from "All users"

How do I remove a user ID/ email from "All users"

Nasir
I have created a new forum.

To transition from our old forum to Nabble, I created dummy email IDs to post in the users' individual names.  Now, when I am trying to change from the dummy emails to the real emails, the system gives an error message that user ID already exists.

I need to remove the real email IDs from "All users" so that the users can change their email IDs.

Re: How do I remove a user ID/ email from "All users"

GregChapman
Even a forum administrator cannot remove a user from the system. There are a number of options.

1. Treat the forum you have as a test forum. Either delete it or abandon it, when it will eventually be deleted by Nabble through lack of use, then create a second forum  for live use.

2. Tell your users you have already created profiles for them. Tell them the password you used and warn them they are about to get an email from Nabble saying their email address has been changed. Tell them to click the link in the email to confirm the change and how they change the password to one of their choosing.

A long time ago I did see Nabble respond to a request to remove users from a forum. If you rely on that you would need to post the URL of the forum.

Re: How do I remove a user ID/ email from "All users"

Nasir
This post was updated on .
Thank you Greg.

I cannot go with Option 1 as I will have to then again recreate the entire forum with about 400 posts.

Nabble doesn't allow me Option 2 as the users' email ID is showing in "All users", although they have not registered as yet.  I had inserted their email IDs earlier in one of the groups, so Nabble automatically took these IDs to "All users" and I cannot delete those even though I have deleted those IDs from all groups.

My forum address is:
http:// club [dot] cafeinvestor [dot] com

I would be grateful if the following email IDs are removed from "All users":
a[at] gmail.com
b[at] gmail.com
c[at] gmail.com
d[at] gmail.com

Re: How do I remove a user ID/ email from "All users"

haozwang<Nabble>
This post was updated on .
Hi Nasir, I can attempt a solution where I get set the dummy emails to their real emails if can tell me which dummy email -> real email correspond to. can that work?

EDIT: I see that you already found a way for you users to register. let me just see if those users can be removed permanently

Re: How do I remove a user ID/ email from "All users"

Nasir
This post was updated on .
Hi Haozwang,

Thank you for your response.

I haven't found any way for those users to register.  I just gave them the dummy IDs alongwith the passwords and requested them to change the passwords themselves.  However, they are still not able to change their email IDs as it already shows under "All users".

I am providing below their dummy IDs and real IDs; if you can change that it would be of great help.
Dummy ID                                                                       Real ID
cafeinvestor.com+a [at] gmail.com                             a [at] gmail.com
cafeinvestor.com+b [at] gmail.com                             b [at] gmail.com
cafeinvestor.com+c [at] gmail.com                              c [at] gmail.com

Re: How do I remove a user ID/ email from "All users"

haozwang<Nabble>
Hi Nasir, I have changed the emails in the all-user. Rajnish Bery can use his real email address now

Re: How do I remove a user ID/ email from "All users"

Nasir
It works well now.  I thank you, Haozwang for all your help.