How do I link to a page in an embedded application?

How do I link to a page in an embedded application?

Admin Help!
Hi

I read your FAQs and tried to do the same (i.e. linking to a blog entry/forum topic) using permalink. But all that happens is that it'll redirect me to my home page or I get redirected to the non-embedded forum/blog (if I fiddle with the embedding options and allow users to visit the blog/forum without embedding) .

However, I would like the visitors to stay on my website AND be able to link to individual comments, blog entries etc.

Any ideas how I could fix this? Could this have something to do with the fact that when I go and view my embedding options it says "redirect them to http://mydomain.com/" rather than "http://mydomain.com/forum.html" like it said in the example given in the FAQs?

Any help will be appreciated! I've had enough of trying to fix this myself with my limited computer skills (and I have tried)! ;)

btw: hope i was clear enough...!

Re: How do I link to a page in an embedded application?

Hugo (Nabble)
The first thing to do is set the redirect option to force visitors to go to your website. Please open your embedded forum and set this option from there. Then you can use any permalink to view topics, entries, etc.

Please post a link to your website if you still have problems.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: How do I link to a page in an embedded application?

Admin Help!
Hi Hugo

Thanks for replying to my query. However, I have done what you said but still cannot get it to work. You said I should send you the link to my website if I still have problems. The address is helpiminfinland.com.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can see that I've tried to create a link "Finding a place to live" but if you click on this it'll merely send you back to the home page.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with the link as such because if I change the embedding options to "allow visitors to visit the blog without embedding" it redirects me to the Nabble website.

Like I said in my previous post, could this have something to do with the fact that when I go and view my embedding options it says "redirect them to http://mydomain.com/" rather than "http://mydomain.com/forum.html" like it said in the example given in the FAQs?

Re: How do I link to a page in an embedded application?

Hugo <Nabble>
I fixed that link. I guess your blog was embedded in the homepage some time ago and then you moved it to another page. So the redirect wasn't changed after the move.
Please let us know if you still have questions, comments or concerns.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com