How do I change text color of certain words?

How do I change text color of certain words?

KuroKuro
Hi support! I want to change the text color of some words in my post but I don't know how to do it. Please help soon. Thanks (sry bad english)

Re: How do I change text color of certain words?

GregChapman
Nabble does not have a simple point and click way to do that.

You will need to to check the box "Message is in HTML format" and then write your message using HTML tags. e.g.

Re: How do I change text color of certain words?

KuroKuro

Thank You!

Re: How do I change text color of certain words?

You can use another approach if you have knowledge of CSS and don't mind changing the way things work for all users of your forum. For example you can change the appearance of any content tagged as Bold, Italic or any of the headings H2-H6 and this happens without needing to check the "Message is in HTML Format" box.

For example, if you (or your users) never use the "B" button to make text bold, you can use CSS to make it appear red instead like this:

Go to: Options > Application > Change appearance
and add this code to the the CSS box.
div.root-text b, div.message-text b {
  font-weight: normal;
  color:red;
}
I have a page at:
http://greghelp.991552.n3.nabble.com/Using-CSS-to-Change-the-Formating-of-Headings-tp4012765.html
which shows some more dramatic changes you can make to the way various headings can be made to appear.

Re: How do I change text color of certain words?

I've been thinking more about this. The solution I offered initially is not the best.

I offer my preferred approach on my new GregHelp site.

Re: How do I change text color of certain words?

Gary Lewis
Greg - Thanks for that Help site.  I will take advantage of it.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/