How can you delete a post or posts?

cigarmike1
Greetings. I am attempting to set up a new forum on a website i have built for a customer and have created several test posts. I'd like to delete them before i publish the forum and allow it go live.

I can't seem to find any option for deleting a post. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you.

Mike P.

Re: How can you delete a post or posts?

GregChapman
Visit the individual topic and select: Options > Delete topic
You only see that option if logged in as an administrator or if you are author of the topic.

If you want to delete an individual post within a topic then visit the post and use: More > Delete post

NOTE: if that post is mid-way through a topic then the post remain within the structure but with a note "Contents deleted" in its body. It has to stay in the structure in order to have a hook on which to hang the subsequent posts and to assist with such things as "Threaded" view and "in reply to" notes at the top of posts in Classic view.