How can I redirect my forum users back to my external website

How can I redirect my forum users back to my external website

clubleader
I have embedded a forum into my website.  It works very well apart from the fact that users have to click on the back arrow to return to my website. Is there any way I can include a RETURN TO MAIN PAGE facility somewhere on my forum page. I have trawled through the help files and can't find anything that seems to help.

Thanks

Pam

Re: How can I redirect my forum users back to my external website

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sure. There are 2 ways you can do this.

One is to embed your forum into your site. It's as easy as embedding a youtube video. For more info, refer to http://n2.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=36

The other is to add a link to your forum description area.

Seems to me, the first option is the easiest. Also, with the first option, you don't have to use that big picture for your forum and your forum is just part of your site.

Re: How can I redirect my forum users back to my external website

Graham Perrin
At the parent forum: include, in your description of the forum, a link to the page at which the forum is embedded. I do something like this at <http://n2.nabble.com/Freeman-Centre-f1486342.html> (under development).

clubleader wrote
users have to click on the back arrow to return to my website.
If a link within an embedded forum/topic/post refers to content that's not within the Nabble domain, then:

• it's normal for the browser to present that external content in its own right

Example: if I link from my embedded forum to your embedded forum, we should not want your web site and its embedded forum to appear within a Freeman Centre surrounding.

Is the back arrow a problem?

Regards
Graham

Re: How can I redirect my forum users back to my external website

clubleader
Thanks for the tip.  I'll try it and let you know.  The normal embedding route doesn't work for me as I have a google site.  Your website looks really good. Can you tell me how to you made iton 2/3 of a page wide.  I'm a real novice so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Thanks

Re: How can I redirect my forum users back to my external website

clubleader
Thank you.  I think you dealt with my particular problem elsewhere - I have a google site so I get an error message when I try to embed Java script.  I'll try using the other option instead unless you now a way around this problem.

Pam