How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

Todd Roper
Hi friends!

Is there a way to prevent my views from being counted in the totals listed in the Thread view for each post as well as for the entire forum?
Love, Todd
View my heart attack survivor video at MySpace
Visit my seasonal blog: Where's Christmas?

Re: How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

Mike
I would like this as well - the option to prevent admin views being counted as views. It is bumping up the count too much!

Thanks, Mike

Re: How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

Orangeo Apprenticeships
I would really like to know the answer to this, as it's so annoying! I'm just setting up my forum, which i think is great btw, but everytime i check the appearance or view the forum it adds to the view count!

Is there a way to exclude me (admin) from the view count or is there a way to reset the view count?

Please reply, been really impressed with nabble so far.

Many thanks,

Jon

Re: How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

Camo
AS you guys may be aware, Nabble are beavering away to finish a new interface as we speak, its basically going to allow us access to the source code of our forums.
Once this is in place, it will open up a world of possibilities, including excluding yourself from the 'veiws' count.
Nabble will probably not provide cut N paste coding to these kinds of things, but many of folks requests, including my own, like yours can be accomplished given that access.
Your particular request could be accomplished relatively easily, with a short code to identify your own ip address for example, and instruct nabbles veiw count code to ignore it.

Of course, I will have to take a few weeks to have a look at various peices of code used by nabble to determin their structure and function so I can create app coding.
I aim to try to provide cut n paste coding for such requests where I can, for the benifit of other Nabble users, as a token of appreciation.

Naturally Id prefer not to be the sole contributor of such 'enhancement codes'. Given nabbles large user following, Im sure others have coding skills equal to, and indeed exceeding my own.
Id like to ask any skilled user reading this, to consider contributing to an 'Enhancement codes' forum, and ofcourse, Nabble to create one here! :)

You can find a code I created to allow your members to log in from other page/s on your website, here..

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/FREE-Quick-Login-code-For-Nabble-users-websites-td6320054.html
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

Orangeo Apprenticeships
Interesting, thanks for your response.

So at this moment in time, there is no way of getting around this?

Re: How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

Camo
This post was updated on .
If its really important to you, im sure Peter or Hugo (nabble) would be glad to do it for you, you might need to pay for premium support to put a 'rush' on it, so to speak.
But I think they are very close to finishing the interface (I hope so) and I do check daily. It might be worth waiting.
The views code must be based on cookies at the moment. Clear your cookies and return to the page, and it will count you again.
Ive not really taken much notice of my own 'views', so im not sure, but it sounds like it.

An ip address based code for the veiws function will be more accurate and allow you to exclude yourself. I think this will be relatively easy to write. Hopefully that code is not multi tasking, IE including the star/flag functions aswell, if thats the case it'll have to be rewritten some.

Edit: looks like its a very simple thing that increments on page refresh, no cookies involved, so we can just erase that and add our own, no problem.
Infact you wont you need me once you have access, ( providing you can identify the current code in your source code to remove it) There are a multitude of Configurable ip based hit counter codes and code generators avail online for you to choose from. Naturally, changing your veiws code means your count must start from scratch.
Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

mywaytoo
You can set up a Google Analytics account that will give you stats about your visitors...
As Admin and in the Outermost Nabble layer, select Options > Application > More Options > And enter your Google Tracker ID... I haven't got this going yet!
Anne

Re: How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

Peter <Nabble>
Camo is right.
Most particular customizations (like this one) would require premium support to be acquired.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: How can I limit the view count to exclude me?

Orangeo Apprenticeships
Ok well it's not overly important anyway, but thanks for everyones response