Hosting space for "photo gallery".

amberj
Hello,

What is the maximum file size (for each file) and total hosting space limitations on Nabble Photo Gallery (if there are any)?

Thanks...

Re: Hosting space for

Hugo <Nabble>
Max File Size = 5 Mb
Max Image Size = 1 Mb

We don't have a limit for the number of images.

Re: Hosting space for

amberj
Thanks for the help...

Can you please also tell:

1. Can nabble also be used as a file host for all types of files (e.g. PDF, DJVU etc) upto 5mb in size (I thought that it allowed only image hosting)?

2. Are bulk/batch uploads of images possible (maybe packing all images in a zip/tar and uploading the zip to server or something like this)?

3. What image formats are supported (PNG, JPEG?) in image galleries?

4. If you dont mind telling, how do you manage to allow to upload unlimited number of files?

Thanks again...

Re: Hosting space for

☪Not_A_Admin
1. Can nabble also be used as a file host for all types of files (e.g. PDF, DJVU etc) upto 5mb in size (I thought that it allowed only image hosting)?

IM not  sure about this one , but i think it would be a no

2. Are bulk/batch uploads of images possible (maybe packing all images in a zip/tar and uploading the zip to server or something like this)?

you can zip all your images to 5mb files and then upload them seperately not at one go

3. What image formats are supported (PNG, JPEG?) in image galleries?

both png and jpeg

4. If you dont mind telling, how do you manage to allow to upload unlimited number of files?

Must be the servers having enough space available not sure how they deal with this.
but it is not a image hosting gallery if thats what you are trying to do...

Re: Hosting space for

amberj
*bump*

1. 'Hugo' mentioned separately the max file size for files and images i.e.
Max File Size = 5 Mb
Max Image Size = 1 Mb
Does that not mean that we can host files too?

2. If we zip all *image* files and upload the zip to a photo gallery, will they be automatically unzipped and added to my photo gallery/album? Because if they are not decompressed, it'll not be bulk/batch image uploads...but it'll rather be file hosting.

3. Also, how do you manage to allow to upload unlimited number of files?

4. 'Tanveer' said: "but it is not a image hosting gallery if thats what you are trying to do... ". Can anyone elaborate on this please? Is it just supposed to be a sometimes-only image hosting service (Like for posting screenshots, a few scanned docs for e.g.)?

Thanks...

Re: Hosting space for

☪Not_A_Admin
i mean you can use it obviously
just not use as if its a new 'Photobucket' or 'tinypic'
if you get what im saying

Re: Hosting space for

Sonia
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Max File Size = 5 Mb
Max Image Size = 1 Mb

We don't have a limit for the number of images.
We don't have a limit for the number of images = daily, can users upload 10 or 50 or 100 images?

Or we have to use Imageshack, Photobucket etc. to prolink on forum like html code?

Re: Hosting space for

Peter <Nabble>
You can. You don't have to use other services.
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.