Hiding Newspaper Posts until they are done?

Hiding Newspaper Posts until they are done?

Harvey
I think this question has been asked, and answered somewhere, but I dont really understand the answer.

Our newspaper entries take a few days to put together. I'd like to hide them from view COMPLETELY until they are ready.

What we have done is created a subcategory that only authors can access.  We can get the entry off the top of the home page by giving it an old date.

But is there anyway to hide it completely until it is ready to be seen?  No image and teaser copy on the top level?
HTTPS Please!