Hidden Application

Re: Hidden Application

GregChapman
Hi Pedro,

Pedro <Nabble> wrote
I remember your intentions. That will be very useful nabble wide.
Glad we're on the same wavelength when it comes to overall aim.
I think we are almost there, please take a look at your back link, it is
not 100% yet but is I believe the loop issue has gone.
Yes, the Back link is improved but it's not cracked yet.

I have just been through a change of email address on that forum.

I noted that there were screens I passed through where the root link (Ruston Reaches) showed on the breadcrumb menu and others where Back appeared.  And then the Back link got confused much as it did before.

I think the trouble is that you need to access the root application (to be able to access the various formatting options only available at root level) so I have embedded and redirected the root page in a special page not linked from anywhere on the main site (forumhome.html). Up till now that seemed to keep it hidden from ordinary users who would never see the page.

Now, when accessing the account management screens, that root link reappears and depending on what links one clicks on "Back" or "Ruston Reaches" you can find yourself escaping from the account management screens to the forumhome.html page.

Re: Hidden Application

Pedro
Hi, Greg, I made some improvements on this feature.
In a couple of hours I'll try the new code on your forum. I'll save a backup of your code and, please, do the same.

Re: Hidden Application

Please, take a look now.
Help me to test the new code.

Re: Hidden Application

Have you tested it?

Re: Hidden Application

GregChapman
Apologies Pedro!

Horribly busy here, but will report back within 24 hours!

Re: Hidden Application

GregChapman
Hi Pedro,

I haven't managed to find any bugs on that code, so it seems to work well. Thanks and Well done!

There is one more issue that I have with this forum, caused because I don't like the sidebar in the Blog and News apps. I get rid of it by selecting
Options > Application > Change appearance > Preferences > Page layout > Narrow

However, because that option is only accessible at the root level and my News app is below the root it forces the "narrow" format on all applications.

Is it possible to set the Page Layout to narrow for individual sub-forums?

Re: Hidden Application

Pedro
Hi Greg, I can't work on it in parallel with other support issues. I'll back to it next week.

Re: Hidden Application

GregChapman
No problem! I can wait!