Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

jmac
Good morning,

My Blog I mentioned a while back all the permissions are set except the one under "Structure" the Drop Down still shows the Option (Parent) nobody seems to be messing with it, but we are just starting out so I know most members for a long time?

Ok what I am getting @ one thing I want to say is W0W you have great Features and they are so well put together the format is very understandable but to someone with more experience than me with my ADHD I get confused easily and as well as having Anxiety I get nervous that any changes I make will ,mess up what I have done already OK below is my questions which "pertain" to both Apps the "News Paper, & Gallery ( the gallery I titled in the menu bar Our Photo Album) just a fyi so no confusion,

What I need help with is the "permissions" no matter what I do and I have been trying messing with it selecting this and that and nothing has changed, again I do not want the Members to have the Options unless it is just to Edit their own post? Or to subscribe by email and reply to it as well?

Is this possible?

Thank you for your Time,
Jan
Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be True 2 U....

Jan

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

GregChapman
Hi Jan,

This time I have found both your gallery and newspaper!

I see they are both separate apps and not set up as two sub-forums  of your original app. That could be the reason you are not seeing changes to your permissions working. Making changes to one app will not affect the others. It might also be that you are forgetting to click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the page. Easily done! I've forgotten myself on more than one ocasslon.

You could find
Options > Structure > Change parent
useful. It will allow you to merge each of your apps. Unless you do this your members will need to register on each of them separately. That is bound to cause a lot of confusion if you don't make the change.

Bear in mind that only you see this option, because you are an Administrator. Others who register will see fewer menu options. I always recommend creating a second user for yourself (using a different email address) so you can test how every screen will appear for different groups of user.

The ability to subscribe is not an optional "Permission". It is built into Nabble, but you can edit the NAML code so the options Don't appear, but It's not something the faint hearted should try. One thing you can do easily is visit the option:
Options > Users > Manage subscribers
and remove any subscriptions that are made.

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

jmac
Reply Quoted Below :

You could find
Options > Structure > Change parent
useful. It will allow you to merge each of your apps. Unless you do this your members will need to register on each of them separately. That is bound to cause a lot of confusion if you don't make the change.

Good morning,

I see how to change Parent, I went to the Options, Structure, and Change Parent.

I have these 3 Apps. Below :

Gallery
Blog
News Paper

Which do I go to, to make the changes to the Parent as you stated in the quoted above, if I make the change to one will it affect all of the Apps. above?

I apologize but I am not tech savvy as I stated a few times, I use to have a Web developer handle all of the tech for the site adding etc....

I followed your steps above @ the Gallery which I titled (Our Photo Album) it says "Set a New Parent", & "Create a New Parent"

May you tell me "Step by Step" for me to follow to merge all of the Apps together, as well as set what you stated above for all the Apps.?

I am nervous I will mess something up? I must say again you guys have great format etc, really nice Apps. and I have done a lot of searches, but again my apologies sincerely, I am very confused how to do this, right now it is ok not a lot of members / friends mostly that I have known for years so I know they won't mess with anything but I am running Ads and a Campaign and am nervous for new members being confused and clicking something they shouldn't have access to do and then fuller confusing me. Sorry I am rambling.

Thank you God Bless,
Jan

PS / Also when I log out I noticed that the "Gallery" (Our Photo Album) and the "News Paper" (News Paper @ MHSC) is showing its "Public" how can I make that Private Please.

When you have the time, no rush I know you all are busy and etc., I would rather wait to get a step by step guide to do what you stated above so the Members do Not have to Register etc.,

And also have it Private for just members to access etc...I don't mind it showing in the Menu Bar as it is now, but I don't want guest to view posting etc....

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be True 2 U....

Jan

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

haozwang<Nabble>
Hi Jan, can you give the URL of the three apps you mentioned?

You can’t merge two unconnected apps as parent and child. If the sections are new you should remake them as parent and child of a main forum

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

jmac
This post was updated on .
I explained below that especially with the News Paper that it takes you to a Page that has "change appearance" now my Admin with me gets to a page where it tells her to "Register", me my "Test member / jan4jam"  I use and use with a different Email addy takes me to the page as stated below to "change appearance" I am confused. And as far as me logging in as The Admin it takes me to the page to change the appearance too. I sure hope someone can help me Iove these Apps etc. But am awfully confused I know this is a LONG RAMBLING posting I am so sorry I am ADHD Academic Deficit I really am trying here sorry again....

Good morning *haozwang<Nabble>* I quoted you below, this is to  aynone whom is replying etc,.
Thanks you !

""""You can’t merge two unconnected apps as parent and child. If the sections are new you should remake them as parent and child of a main forum""""

Hi thanks thats the thing I do not know @ all how to merge or especially how to make or change ""Parent", etc. Please explain what to do I have the Gallery, the Blog, the News Paper Apps..

"Below are the links to them, or *haozwang<Nabble>*
if you have the time I believe you are a Member there @ my site right?" I can change your Permissions on my site if need be or to anyone to clear this up, I appreciate all of you all your patience but like I said I know you said in other replies etc. To ""change Parent, Merge, I do not understand what to do to name it or etc. the I get to that page very, very confused, please tell me what to do...

Okay below is the sites url:

www.mentalhealthsupportcommunity.com

Blog:
http://mentalhealthsupportcommunity.com/page/members-blog-spot

Gallery (Our Photo Album) I named it :
http://our-photo-album.28231.n8.nabble.com

News Paper I called it (news Paper @ MHSC)
http://new-s-paper-mhsc.29120.n8.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=change_appearance

Thanks take all the time you need, I want to make it private for just members, not public, I want also to make it so "the Permissions" do not allow anyone to change anything other than the normal to Edit their post , quote it, say the basic normal permissions for members something g like you have set for permissions, I guess, but again  Private. just for members. C how the News Paper @ MHSC the link takes you to the page to Edit appearance etc. Please I need to change it, right now I am safe as I know most members a Long while but I am running Ads campaigns and I don't want anyone I don't know by accident to change anything.

PS / Again Please tell me step by step, or if possible *****haozwang<Nabble>***** maybe there is a way I can pay you through Pay Pal etc to do this for me once I get my check the 4th of December I am really having trouble, again I use to pay a Developer and he left me hanging. I am totally suprised that I made it this far creating all the other pages. I want each member too to have their own Blog, News Paper topic and Gallery personal for themselves.

Have a great day,
Jan
Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be True 2 U....

Jan

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

haozwang<Nabble>
Hi Jan, you don't have to pay me to do the things I am here to help.

The main problem here is that the photo album, blog, and new paper are all separate apps. have you done much work on them yet? if not, you should redo the making of them i.e.

1. create a new main forum app
2. create a sub forum section for gallery under the new app
3. create a sub forum for new paper under the new app
4. same for a sub blog under the new app

that way they have all the member without registering for each one.

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

jmac
Hi Jan, you don't have to pay me to do the things I am here to help.

The main problem here is that the photo album, blog, and new paper are all separate apps. have you done much work on them yet? if not, you should redo the making of them i.e.

1. create a new main forum app
2. create a sub forum section for gallery under the new app
3. create a sub forum for new paper under the new app
4. same for a sub blog under the new app

that way they have all the member without registering for each one.

Good morning,

Okay I can do that, you are saying to start over, do each one over no problem but still, ok wait I will try then if I have an issue I will get back got you? But I still do not understand how to do the steps above, is there a help section? Or can you tell me how to do each, I go to your main App page with them all listed like I did the first time, how do I make it so they are all merged, like you said "yes" thats exactly what Want so members have access etc....?

I am confused hoot make the "Sub Forum", and what do I do with the ""Forum"" App is that what I have to do use your ""Forum"" in order to have the access and the steps above to have them merged, I already have the Forum, hmmm I could make the Forum anything g I guess? Okay I am confused but will keep my pages already created and do above then get back to ya thanks a HEAP =D

God Bless
Jan
Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be True 2 U....

Jan

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

jmac
Good morning again,

Please do not pay any mind to the First reply, I did what you said, I created a Forum, Gallery, News Paper @ MHSC, and the Blog? I do not C what to do next. may you please check I did all the steps right?

When I clicked the Link in my email it said You do "not" have any Nabble Apps, FYI I re registered with you as "jan4jam" email jan-mcavoy@outlook.com Do I need to "Create the Pages" on my site in the Admin for being able to merge Apps?

Have a good day God Bless,
Jan
Many thanks to all for your patience and support, it is much appreciated =D

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be True 2 U....

Jan

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

jmac
Good morning again,

New Account I registered below :

Name :
jan4jam

Email :
jan-mcavoy@outlook.com

It says I have no Apps as I stated above so I am @ a loss I do not understand my apologies again, please tell me step. by step, the first thing I did with the new Account was Create a Forum App, after that I created the Sub for each the Blog, Gallery, and News paper and do not know how to proceed please check out my account above, I do not know what to do and also how to find what Apps I created if that is worded correctly I hope..?

Have a good day God Bless,
Jan
Many thanks to all for your patience and support, it is much appreciated =D

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be True 2 U....

Jan

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

haozwang<Nabble>
Hi, do you have the url for the forum you created so I can have a look?

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

jmac
Good morning,

I guess I will create a new "Forum"

 I created one got sent a Email with a Link to direct me to my Nabble Apps and below is the message and Link I received in the Email, when I click it says I have no Nabble Apps ?

Dear Nabble user,

Here are your Nabble apps:

https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmember-s.25476.n7.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cjan%40mentalhealthsupportcommunity.net%7C513f8ec711014077755b08d538b16b3f%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636477257008813529&sdata=jQ6lGCqTQQ9jroj%2BgHJwgKPsBFc5T6x%2FkbBLgbUxe7M%3D&reserved=0

Regards,
The Nabble team ""

Thanks can someone @ least help me with the Gallery and the Blog and the News Paper I already have on my site, I believe u are a member there?

Jan
Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be True 2 U....

Jan

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

haozwang<Nabble>
create a forum from www.nabble.com and then create you materials on there. Afterwards embed the forum on your site.

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

jmac
Thank you for your Time, again I am not Tech Savvy @ all I am going to just leave it as they are all able now to create and have access to do what have you like post their own Blog, gallery, News paper, but they are all signed in. as me, I logged in as my Test Member Jan4Jam and seen that is the way it is....

I already have a Forum I do not know what Embedded means I am figuring it means that once I create the Forum I merge them all together but once again I have a Forum it is okay I am sure Its me I am confused again thanks to all for your times again I like your Apps a lot.

Have a great day,
God Bless
Jan
Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be True 2 U....

Jan

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

haozwang<Nabble>
Again I was saying that you can’t merge unconnected apps. Which is why I say to start over since everything is new.
Create sub forums of news, blog and gallery under a main forum.

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

haozwang<Nabble>
You currently have separate apps. Good thing is that there’s no content do you can start over

Go to www.nabble.com
Create a new forum, which will serve as “main menu” forum
On the “main menu” create the sub forum apps you need(blog, gallery, news)

That way your members don’t have to register for each one...

When you create the forum be sure to check confirmation email immediately. If the link expires you’ll need to make another one again

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

haozwang<Nabble>
to make sub-forum, just do option->structure->create subforum
then you can fashion each sub forum to be blog, new paper, or gallery with their own permissions
that way, you only have 1 app, the 3 things are under 1 app so your users don't have to register and the subforums will inherit permissions

so just create a new forum, do over again

Re: Hi I added a Gallery & a News Paper App

haozwang<Nabble>
on the subforum, you can change the application type by doing option->application->change application type

so create blog subforum, in the sub forum make it a blog
then create gallery subforum, in the sub forum make it a gallery
then new paper subforum, etc

do you follow?