Help please... I've lost link to blog and forum

Help please... I've lost link to blog and forum

mywaytoo
I'm changing web hosting companies and I've lost the links to my knit4dolls blog and forum. Please could you find them for me. Thank you.
Anne

Re: Help please... I've lost link to blog and forum

GregChapman
Is this what you need?

http://knit4dolls-blog-and-forum.977845.n3.nabble.com

Currently it seems to re-direct to a domain holding company, so it may be that you need one of the Nabble team to remove the embedding.

Re: Help please... I've lost link to blog and forum

mywaytoo
I'm transferring everything to Moonfruit... and didn't think to remove the blog and forum.

I'll see if I can embed it using that link.

Oh... Please remove the Cookie statement. This does not apply in the UK any more... and looks awful...

Edit: That link takes you to the old website that I have taken offline. Is there a link to an unembedded forum and blog ?
Anne

Re: Help please... I've lost link to blog and forum

Pedro
Your app is unembedded now. To unset the cookie statement go to: Options -> Application -> Extras & Add-ons -> Privacy & Law

Re: Help please... I've lost link to blog and forum

mywaytoo wrote
Please remove the Cookie statement. This does not apply in the UK any more
I think you are wrong. See:
http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies
Nabble's use of cookies goes beyond the areas effectively relaxed in June 2012:
•  Some cookies can be exempted from informed consent under certain conditions if they are not used for additional purposes. These cookies include cookies used to keep track of a user’s input when filling online forms or as a shopping card, also known as session-id cookies, multimedia player session cookies and user interface customisation cookies, eg language preference cookies to remember the language selected by the user.
•  First party analytics cookies are not likely to create a privacy risk if websites provide clear information about the cookies to users and privacy safeguards, eg a user friendly mechanism to opt out from any data collection and where they ensure that identifiable information is anonymised.
For example Nabble uses third party analytics cookies.

Note that it is YOU or your organisation, NOT your web site, that is subject to the regulations. You are not exempted simply by hosting your site out of the UK or using a non-UK domain. You remain subject to the regulations while YOU operate within the EU.

It is up to you to remove the Cookie page. Go to:
Options > Extras& Add-ons > Work > Privacy and Law > Cookie Law Compliance Solution

Re: Help please... I've lost link to blog and forum

mywaytoo
Things changed. We must tell people that we use cookies, but do not have to seek people's explicit acceptance of this fact.

Thank you for unembedding my forum and blog.
Anne

Re: Help please... I've lost link to blog and forum

GregChapman
If the official guidance at the link I gave is to be believed, you're mis-informed.

The way you phrase it is considerably more relaxed than the official line. It all depends on what cookies you store on a visitors machine, their purpose, and a whole load of other criteria, which include the likely technical competence of your audience.

It looks as if you need to read the page at the link I gave and the official Cookie Guidance (PDF).

The key bit of law mentioned on page 11 of the Guidance remains:
The Law

This is what the law requires:
a person shall not store or gain access to information stored, in the
terminal equipment of a subscriber or user unless the requirements of
paragraph (2) are met.

(2) The requirements are that the subscriber or user of that terminal equipment-

(a) is provided with clear and comprehensive information about the purposes of
the storage of, or access to, that information; and
(b) has given his or her consent.
Regulation 6 of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR)
Those setting cookies must:

• tell people that the cookies are there,
• explain what the cookies are doing, and
• obtain their consent to store a cookie on their device.