Header disappears when embedded forum loads

Header disappears when embedded forum loads

Mintrax
This post was updated on .
I have just noticed this and I'm sure it didn't happen in the past, well almost sure.

A web page loads with an embedded forum/blog etc.

After the forum loads the browser drops the page down to the starting point of the forum. Completely hiding the header of the web page.

I thought it just might be my page http://www.yea.com.au but I went through the nabble examples on the home page and the first one I found did the same thing. http://www.hcg411.info/p/hcg-diet-411-forum.html

It happens in Internet Explorer and Chrome (don't know about the others).

It sometimes goes back to the top of the page in Chrome, but not in IE.

Can someone help here?

Regards

Michael

Re: Header disappears when embedded forum loads

GregChapman
This started happening in Firefox as well a couple of months ago. I find it very annoying, but haven't investigated whether the following Help page is relevant:
http://n4.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=48

the page has been there since before September 2010, when I started my first Nabble forum, but the scroll feature has not been a problem before.

You might care to report if it cures your problem, then I can direct others to this topic.

Re: Header disappears when embedded forum loads

Mintrax
Greg, what would the Nabble world do without you!

Added this just before the standard Nabble embed.

<script type="text/javascript"> nabble_ignore_scroll = true; </script>
Worked perfectly in Chrome and IE.

Thanks a thousand times over.

Michael

Re: Header disappears when embedded forum loads

GregChapman
Just added that code to one of my forums and viewed it in Firefox and it works there too!

Re: Header disappears when embedded forum loads

Mintrax
Excellent!

It really should be in the standard embed code.

Michael