Hard to find forums; no way to fix?

Paul Johnson
I have been experimenting with 3 different user accounts. 1 is for me personally, 1 is for me in my job, 1 is for an organization that asked me to set up a forum for them.

In the organization account, i can create a forum, and in the user manager, I make it a members only list, member only to read & post.  Then, I add users for my other 2 accounts.

Then I log out of the organization account, and log into one of the others, and I can't find the forum I just created in the organization account.  I am a member, I can log out/log into the organization account, see my other accounts listed in the users.

I tried logging out and then searching on nabble.com for the organization forum, but the search doesn't find it. It finds plenty of posts with the forum's name, but they are all in other forums.

I think nabble's user name thing needs "forums in which I'm a member" in addition to "my starred items" and "my posts".  Otherwise, how is a person supposed to find the forum in which somebody else has added him as a member??

PJ

Re: Hard to find forums; no way to fix?

Hugo <Nabble>
Paul Johnson wrote
I have been experimenting with 3 different user accounts. 1 is for me personally, 1 is for me in my job, 1 is for an organization that asked me to set up a forum for them.
I assume you know how to use the multiple accounts feature:
http://n2.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=50
(this will make your life simpler)
Paul Johnson wrote
I think nabble's user name thing needs "forums in which I'm a member" in addition to "my starred items" and "my posts".  Otherwise, how is a person supposed to find the forum in which somebody else has added him as a member??
When you become a member of a forum, you receive an email with a link. You can use the star to save it as a favorite forum. Besides that, you will see the forum when you click on "My posts in all places" (visit your profile page), but you must have at least one post in that forum.