HTTPS Protocol

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
This post was updated on .
From now on Nabble users can switch from HTTP to HTTPS protocol.
1) Users should have their own domain to apply the changes.

Re: HTTPS Protocol

GregChapman
Can you explain what is needed in various scenarios. For example is there any difference between what you need to know and what the user needs to do when:

1. They just run a Nabble forum and their users are complaining about the "Insecure site" warnings they get from their browser when logging in.

2. They run a Nabble forum, and have purchased a domain name and SSL certificate to use with it.

3. They embed their forum in a Weebly, Wix or similar online "no coding required" hosting service and they get an "https" address by default.

4. They have a site based with traditional hosting service supplier and embed a Nabble forum within it and wish to implement https on their domain.
Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.

Re: HTTPS Protocol

sparkle
I have a Nabble forum embedded in a blogspot blog - what are we supposed to be doing about this - if anything?

From now on Nabble users can switch from HTTP to HTTPS protocol.
1) Users should have their own domain to apply the changes.
2) Users should buy their own certificate so that we can install it on our servers.