HTTP ERROR: 500 Caused by: fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException:

HTTP ERROR: 500 Caused by: fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException:

Graham Perrin
I have tried three or four times to reply to a message, each attempt fails with

The URL of the reply composition:

<http://n2.nabble.com/forum/Reply.jtp?post=1679144&topic=1664824>

Attached: a screen shot of the message composition window, and a .webarchive of the failure, the following lines are remarkable:

> Caused by:
>
> fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException: url=http://n2.nabble.com/forum/Reply.jtp?save=Post Message&topic=1664824&alert=y&message=Prior to testing (a few minutes ago) most if not all items in All | Out were

error+500.webarchive

Postscript: attached a more legible JPEG in lieu of the PNG screen shot.

Re: HTTP ERROR: 500 Caused by: fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException:

Graham Perrin
Again, trying but failing to reply to a different message in a different forum

Caused by:

fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException: url=http://n2.nabble.com/forum/Reply.jtp?save=Post Message&topic=1679137&alert=y&message=
We could consider moving the existing one to GetStarted-Chinese or something, I guess.

Re: HTTP ERROR: 500 Caused by: fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException:

Graham Perrin
Testing from a different computer, different network/campus, different OS (Windows XP), different browser (Chrome), again the HTTP error 500.

Re: HTTP ERROR: 500 Caused by: fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException:

Will <Nabble>
Thanks for reporting this error.

This is error is caused by your having an attached account. Somehow you have your registered account attached a master account that isn't registered. Is that case? Please go to your account->Personal settings->Manage Nabble Account, and just remove the attached accounts. Then you should see the problem go away.

We do want to remove the attached account feature. In its place, we will simply use cookie to remember the last few accounts you used for posting, and let you choose which account to use when you compose and post.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Re: HTTP ERROR: 500 Caused by: fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException:

Graham Perrin
<http://n2.nabble.com/user/ManageAccounts.jtp> reveals only one account, the master, and I expect no more than this one. No slaves.

<http://n2.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?query=author%3A%22Graham+Perrin%22&sort=date&local=y&forum=1653096&daterange=0> *suggests* that the Nabble interface was allowing me to post until some time on Friday 2008-12-19 and working through those search results I find that the most recent success was

<http://n2.nabble.com/Preferring-and-recommending-Chandler-Hub-%28avoiding-misunderstandings-of-Chandler-Desktop%29-td1676968.html#a1677016

— Dec 19, 2008; 09:14am (UK time, AFAIR) which is probably correct.

Between that time, and noting/reporting the issue, I managed no changes to the fora; I simply used Nabble to post (that last message at 09:14 on Friday).

What might have changed since Friday morning UK time?

Re: HTTP ERROR: 500 Caused by: fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException:

Graham Perrin
Originally, when failures were occurring:

* repeated reviews of <http://n2.nabble.com/Get-Started-Guide-in-Chinese-tp1679137p1679137.html> presented _no_ indication of my attempts to post

Later, when I checked my IMAP inbox (for this particular underlying list, I have not yet suppressed delivery of e-mail)

* I found numerous reports of delays, each one presumably relating to a failed attempt to post

* for each intended message, I acted upon all but one of the delay notifications (aiming to leave only attempt to post each message)

* each review of the related topic revealed nothing relating to my attempts to post.

----

This morning ~11:49 UK time I made another attempt to reply <http://n2.nabble.com/forum/Reply.jtp?post=1679480&topic=1679137>

The initial reaction to the reply was a Nabble forum presentation of *all* previous attempts for the same message, none successful, and the most recent attempt (this morning's) not yet accepted

I proceeded to use Nabble to delete all but one of the attempts.

By the time I had finished worked through deletion of those unsuccessful attempts, <http://n2.nabble.com/Get-Started-Guide-in-Chinese-tp1679137p1681551.html> presented itself as successfully posted.

----

<http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2008-December/010462.html> reaffirms the success of the post.

So, the problem, whatever it was, may be transient.

For reference, I have set aside the nine e-mails 'Post to mailing list still pending' that were received by me yesterday between 21:28 and 22:25. May I trash those, or would you (Nabble) like to see them?

screen shot and PDF of symptom

Graham Perrin
At the window (tab) to <http://n2.nabble.com/Where%27s-that-nice-image-with-bold-curved-arrows-that-signify-actions-and-or-workflow-in-Chandler--tp1664824p1664824.html> or <http://n2.nabble.com/Where%27s-that-nice-image-with-bold-curved-arrows-that-signify-actions-and-or-workflow-in-Chandler--tp1664824p1679144.html>

* with no evidence of my previous attempts to post

* (maybe not reloaded since some time yesterday)

* I re-composed then posted a reply.

* numerous (six) alerts, the earliest of which was

* plus the familiar

For reference: a screen shot, a PDF and a .webarchive of this point in time:

2008-12-20+12-50.pdf
2008-12-20+12-50.webarchive

Re: screen shot and PDF of symptom

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
* numerous (six) alerts
I removed from Nabble, or deleted permanently (to avoid duplicate posts to the underlying list) six of six messages that bore alerts.

After working through the six I found that the most recent (this afternoon's attempt to post) was successful;
<http://n2.nabble.com/Where%27s-that-nice-image-with-bold-curved-arrows-that-signify-actions-and-or-workflow-in-Chandler--tp1664824p1681640.html> and <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-users/2008-December/003553.html> reaffirms successful delivery of just one copy of the message to the list.

Looking OK at the moment but I remain puzzled about possible causes

Graham Perrin
1. AFAIK all most recent attempts to post have been successful, with no duplication, though in a week or so I may review
<http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=-allintext+Perrin+site%3Alists.osafoundation.org%2Fpipermail%2Fchandler-users%2F
and
<http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=-allintext+Perrin+site%3Alists.osafoundation.org%2Fpipermail%2Fchandler-dev%2F> to double-check for duplicates or oddities.

2. I wonder what was wrong.

Re: HTTP ERROR: 500 Caused by: fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException:

Ruralinfo.net
Will, I am not getting an HTTP error, but myself nor my members can reply to messages...  PLease help..
Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has..

Re: HTTP ERROR: 500 Caused by: fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException:

Graham Perrin
Will <Nabble> wrote
… caused by your having an attached account. Somehow you have your registered account attached a master account that isn't registered. Is that case?
Reviewing this topic, relating to fora in Nabble 2:

Not in Nabble 2, but in Nabble 1 at <http://www.nabble.com/user/UserProfile.jtp?user=420209> I do have an attached account.

At the time of the errors with Nabble 2, I was logged in to Nabble 2 (and it was then surely a long time since a previous log in to Nabble 1).

Was the Nabble 1 attached account negligible in this Nabble 2 context?