HIGHLIGHTED WORD IN MY POST

ClaudeMobetta
I posted this on my LOA site -
How come the words are HIGHLIGHTED???

Thanks... Claude

http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Re: HIGHLIGHTED WORD IN MY POST

Pedro
Did you find this topic using your forum's search?

Re: HIGHLIGHTED WORD IN MY POST

ClaudeMobetta
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
Did you find this topic using your forum's search?
No - it was wif a cleared Cache - and just viewing -

But then I went back again to view it again - and I noted at the top "Turn Off Hightlighting" -
I click it and the Highlight was gone -
Don't remember "Turning It ON" - but it's OK know...
I doubt others would see the highlighting unless they turned it on?????

Thanks... Claude

Re: HIGHLIGHTED WORD IN MY POST

GregChapman
Clearing the cache only forces a page to be reloaded from the server. It does not (normally) clear cookies stored on your computer. Search terms used on a Nabble site are stored in cookies, so as the page is fetched from the server, your cookies are interrogated and terms used in the last search will be highlighted you describe.

Re: HIGHLIGHTED WORD IN MY POST

ClaudeMobetta

I don’t recall saying to anything to Nabble about cookies in this post ????
But read further.... like what is this:

>AOL System Information
>Utilities
>Internet Option Control Panel
>Open
Set so Cookies are deleted
>Note Cookie Box >Delete

I think this deletes Cookies...

Try signing in - do as above - come back and the Nabble Cookie is gone and so is your sign in...
CM.....

Re: HIGHLIGHTED WORD IN MY POST

GregChapman
ClaudeMobetta wrote
I don’t recall saying to anything to Nabble about cookies in this post ????
You didn't, but I did.

I mentioned them because, as Pedro's reply implied, it is a cookie that is stored on your computer that allows Nabble search terms to show on all future pages in that session until you turn the feature off with the "Turn off highlighting" option or close all tabs in your browser that contain the Nabble site you searched (i.e. it is a "session cookie" which expires and is deleted from your computer when you exit the forum you searched).
I think this deletes Cookies...
If the option on the dialogue is checked then it does.
Try signing in - do as above - come back and the Nabble Cookie is gone and so is your sign in...
That's right.

But I'm not clear if you are telling me you normally delete cookies as well as clearing the cache - or not?

(It's 03:00 here so I'm off to bed, so don't expect a quick response. :-) )